Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is more important to you - being strong or looking strong?

Do you workout to look ripped or to be strong?

• I'm fat strong and proud! There aren't enough 45's in the world for me!

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • I work for a ripped look regardless of strength! Max reps and hypertrophy are my game!

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters

bblazer

Banned
I know you can look strong and be strong, but in reality, most people train for one or the other. Some guys go for the big shredded look while others don't really care about their beach bodies, but are more concerned with how much weight they can move.

If forced into a single description, where do you put yourself?

B-

there should be an inbetween option lol mine changes.. right now i just want to get huge and be kinda imitating, i don't need to be shredded. maybe after a while i'll start working on the beach body thing

Yeah I would say somewhere in between but I voted for being strong. To me I don't care how you look if you cant throw up some weight in the gym I'm not impressed.

i guess i originally started working out to get bigger, not stronger. so i'm voting look strong

damn, i work out to be strong not to look strong. Theres nothing worse than seeing a huge guy barely put up some weight. Id hate to be that guy. Id rather look smaller and be able to put up MORE weight

and strength training WILL lead to size gains if you eat. I believe your body was meant to lift "movements" not "isolation" bs, too many guys i know dont do squats or deadlifts or standing presses or weighted dips or pullups or....well you get the idea

Way rather have strength than size. My goal is a little different than the option chosen though I want to stay lean for Army fitness but get the most strength out of my bodyweight possibe

I try to keep a balance... I like being the smaller wiry bro, who still can outlift some of the huge ones... If I had to pick one over the other, it would be the appearance and low body fat. Think about something: Women are impressed if you lift ridiculous weight, and they like to watch you, but if you're ultra-cut, they feel compelled to explore all those ridges and veins by hand ;) .

Charles

Definitely being strong, like a lot of the others have said, nothing looks worse than a big guy who can't put up any real weight!

strength...
now i know i am doing a body transformation contest now... but this is just a sidetrack from my other goals atm... also, i would love to see the faces on some of these wanna-be bodybuilders at the gym i go to...
powerlifting has built me some badass legs and a badass back... will be interseting to see how it looks when i shred... i have cut before... but this time im cutting out all the junk i was eating back then, trippling the protein and going for all out shredded...

Gosh, I'd have to train biceps again to LOOK STRONG.

Taco-Drol and Nacho-Var help so much with both of these.

Top Bottom