Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BuffaloGal's Log

buffalogal

Hi all. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do this but decided I needed to be accountable to someone, and I always seem to let myself down. Was inspired by Jens amazing transformation and thought I would give it a try myself.

My stats:

5'6"
145 lbs
Body Fat: 24% overall as of May - most of it carried in my hips/thighs

I have uploaded pics to my gallery but have no idea how to attach them here. That might be a good thing, though. The pics are from last May and will take newer ones as soon as I can get another digital camera. I am currently going through a divorce and that is one thing I'm lacking.

My goals are to drop body fat to between 15-18%: something manageable that I can live with. My problem is nutrition. :chomp: I love food and cannot seem to keep my eating under control for more than a few days. This will hopefully give me the incentive I need to do just that. I use fitday off and on but then get lazy. I've tried to eat clean the last several days. However, I realized that I eat way too many carbs and am trying to cut back. I will begin logging my food tomorrow and would appreciate any and all suggestions.

As far as training goes, I faithfully go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I've changed up my routine slightly, but typically do a body part a day. I followed Shadow's project to the end and got many, many compliments on my physique at the gym. Now I've tried to devise one on my own to get over this plateau I seem to have hit. Briefly, my typical week currently looks like this:

Day One: Legs
Leg Press
Lunges
Leg Ext.
Deadlifts
Inner and Outer Abductors
Butt Blaster
Calf Press

Day Two: Back/Shoulders
Lat Pulldown
One-arm DB Row
Seated Row
Stiff-arm Pulldown
Underhand DB Press
Lat Raise
Upright Row
Bent over Lat Raise

Day Three: Chest
Flat and/or Incline DB Press
Flat and/or Incline DB Flye
Cable Crossover
Machine Press

Day Four: Biceps/Triceps
Incline Curl
Hammer Curls
Preachers
Single-arm cables (not sure what these are called)
Seated Dips
Pressdown
Kickbacks

Day Five: Shoulders
Overhead DB Press
Single Lat Raise
Front Raise
Bent Over Lat Raise

Like I said, I'm trying to mix things up a little. I'm trying something new by working my shoulders twice a week as they are my weakest part. After this first week it feels as though they're revolting on me so I must have done something right. I also try to get in HIIT cardio 3 times a week, along with walking the puppies every day. I also incorporate ab training 2-3 days a week.

One thing of note: I work rotating shifts and thus my eating and exercise habits and times change from week to week. Makes it extremely tough to plan meals far in advance, especially on midnight shifts when I sleep away a good part of the day. But, for now I'm going to try to be faithful in logging and whipping my big butt into shape.

You're at the right place. I've been logging for two weeks now nd it's changing my life. This board and the ladies who post are just awesome.

Good Luck BuffaloGal :)

Sunday, Sep. 25:

1/2 cup oatmeal flavored with splenda, cinnamon, 1/4 scoop protein powder
2 T-Rex

Must get to the store. Through everything out due to being on vacation for a week and a nasty bug infestation that ruined most of my food!! :(

Am taking a day off from training as I've been pushing myself all week long. Will start it hard again tomorrow.

Thanks for the good wishes Mermaid. Sounds like we both had the same epiphany, mine being my impending divorce.

Last edited:
Hello BuffaloGal :)

Welcome to EF - or to logging since you have been reading for awhile.

Sounds like your on the right track - Nice job!

I checked out your pictures - you have a very nice base :)

I can try to upload them into your journal if you want me too.

Good luck & I look forward to reading your journal :)

I checked out your pictures - you have a very nice base
I can try to upload them into your journal if you want me too.
Thanks Skittles. That'd be great if you could. I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world. One day, I'll figure it out. :)

Meal 1: 8:30 AM

2 T-Rex
Multi-vitamin
Potassium supp
1/2 C Oatmeal w/ splenda, cinnamon, 1/4 scoop protein powder
17 oz water

11:45 am: 1 Glucorell

Meal 2: 12:10 pm

6.5 oz baked tilapia w/ 1 T olive oil
1 C couscous
1 C baby spinach
1C romaine lettuce
1/4 C shredded carrots
2T Light Done Right Italian Dressing
17 oz water

buffalogal said:
Hi all. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do this but decided I needed to be accountable to someone, and I always seem to let myself down. Was inspired by Jens amazing transformation and thought I would give it a try myself.

Well, dang...........that just made my day!!

Good luck to you hun!! We're here for ya! :rose:

Top Bottom