Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Logging my calories

claraquinoez

[FONT=&quot]When I log in my activity, the calories burned does not even come close to what my heart rate monitor says I've burned. Therefore, I find myself increasing the time I actually performed the activity in order for it to equal what my monitor says I burned. How can I make this part of my log more accurate???[/FONT]

there is no way to know how many calories you burned and what is the purpose of tracking that anyway? people are under the incorrect assumption that they can 'burn calories' then go have chikFilA as a reward cause they burned all those calories so the food wont' hurt them. WRONG. our bodies were designed to survive a lot of things. so you will still STORE FAT by eating the wrong things, i don't care how many calories you burned!

that is why i always tell my clients to stop counting calories!

There is no way to accurately log calories burned. There are far far too many variables at play.

Last edited:
there is no way to know how many calories you burned and what is the purpose of tracking that anyway? people are under the incorrect assumption that they can 'burn calories' then go have chikFilA as a reward cause they burned all those calories so the food wont' hurt them. WRONG. our bodies were designed to survive a lot of things. so you will still STORE FAT by eating the wrong things, i don't care how many calories you burned!

that is why i always tell my clients to stop counting calories!

Highly ignorant comment. Steve seems to think that everyone who logs their food intake/calories is a fat slob with zero self control. Just because you track what you eat doesn’t mean you can eat shit because you’ve logged (allowed) it. Calories in and calories out is the method to all body composition/weight gain/loss goals! Bar none!! Eating clean whole foods within this method then allows you to enhance this process further. Achieving body composition goals, whether that be weight gain or weight loss without tracking what you eat is just pot luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly ignorant comment. Steve seems to think that everyone who logs their food intake/calories is a fat slob with zero self control. Just because you track what you eat doesn’t mean you can eat shit because you’ve logged (allowed) it. Calories in and calories out is the method to all body composition/weight gain/loss goals! Bar none!! Eating clean whole foods within this method then allows you to enhance this process further. Achieving body composition goals, whether that be weight gain or weight loss without tracking what you eat is just pot luck.

I do track my calories in, and I don't think it's a bad idea. The issue is trying to tally it against what you burned that day. That is an incredibly complicated number to pin down, because there are so many biological variables at play all the time. For example, your base metabolic rate will change over the course of the day, and the sum of that is different each day. Simple things like the foods you eat make a difference too. Eating a 300kilocalorie steak will actually need you to burn for more calories to digest than say a banana. There is variable upon variable in your biochemical pathways that also plays into this as well. Take any calorie expenditure calculation with a very large grain of salt is the summary. As long as you use and in and out tracking as a broad guideline (and not something to dwell on in minutae) that's going to be fine. Watching your results and how they change generally with your intake and exercise is a good way to succeed without getting too wrapped up in things you can't known for certain.

I do track my calories in, and I don't think it's a bad idea. The issue is trying to tally it against what you burned that day. That is an incredibly complicated number to pin down, because there are so many biological variables at play all the time. For example, your base metabolic rate will change over the course of the day, and the sum of that is different each day. Simple things like the foods you eat make a difference too. Eating a 300kilocalorie steak will actually need you to burn for more calories to digest than say a banana. There is variable upon variable in your biochemical pathways that also plays into this as well. Take any calorie expenditure calculation with a very large grain of salt is the summary. As long as you use and in and out tracking as a broad guideline (and not something to dwell on in minutae) that's going to be fine. Watching your results and how they change generally with your intake and exercise is a good way to succeed without getting too wrapped up in things you can't known for certain.

Totally agree. Adjusting as you go along, in accordance with results is vital. The more experience you have regarding tracking intake and becoming more accustom with your daily (average) calorie expenditure makes the process easier and allow you to fine tune things. Like you say, it’s impossible to be 100% certain but it’s a lot better than throwing arrows in the dark.

Top Bottom