Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walkouts

brianmincher

I don't know if anyone here does walkouts, but I had never tried them before and got a wild hair on friday night after my speed squats and before speed deads. I did 385 for 8 sets of two then 500 for a single, then did a walkout with 585, 675, then just lifted 750 off the j-hooks.

750 is freakin heavy!!! I have a whole new respect for big time squatters after doing these walkouts. I have been having a little bit of trouble getting my breathing right before attempting a heavy (for me) squat, so I thought walkouts would be a good way to overload, and make my heavy squats seem lighter.

Anyone else do these? Had any success with them?

B.

I believe B FOLD THE TRUTH does walkouts for his strongman competitions he has pics posted on the training board. He does it with the bar then the weights hangin from chains instead of loaded on the bar.

I want to add them into my routine. I have never done them consistently, but did have success in one session with them. I was going for a max squat, missed attempt. Loaded an extra 30 lbs on the bar(almost 10% of my weakass max) did a walkout. Then went back and nailed the max attempt.

I have also had the same success with rack lockouts and bench press.

Cubanito17 i think they are yoke walks.

I have started doing them(walkouts).....ever since i read that josh bryant does them....what a freak

i really feel them in my hips when i step back

when i do walkouts i do them when im getting ready for a meet. it gets my body use to the weight on my back. also i take a lil dip with it, nothing big i just dip it about 3 inchs or so. ive never really tried doing them in a regular squat session.

I have done walkouts and half squats in the past. I think they really helped my squat. When I started lifting regularly again in November, I did them but felt something odd in my lower back. So, I switched gears a bit and concentrated on my core. Now that my core is stronger, I plan on doing them again.

We are going to do these before the june meet. I usually just squat heavy anyway so i do lots of walking period. But i knwo they work Ed Coan does them and love em. So its something i am gonna try to do to help me feel stronger with what son my back.

endpoint my bad I wasn't really sure what walkouts were and i figured they sounded like walkin with weight on your back to get use to heavy weight.

So are walkouts like loadin the bar with weight you know you can't squat or your close to squatin and walkin away like if your attemptin to squat it leave it on your back like a static hold to get the feel then rackin it??????

So are walkouts like loadin the bar with weight you know you can't squat or your close to squatin and walkin away like if your attemptin to squat it leave it on your back like a static hold to get the feel then rackin it??????

Yes but the weight is usually much higher than your 1RM. If you squat 500 for example, you might do as much as 700 lbs.

Not for sure how useful walkouts are except for building confidence. I do mine with a super yoke and it really builds trunk and hip strength.

B True

Top Bottom