Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat percentage

kerryads

[FONT=&quot]I'm right at 24.5% percent body fat right now, and I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable goal for maintenance is. If this is accurate, it seems doable for a woman to maintain a percent body fat between 20-22% without becoming completely obsessed with fitness. What has been your experiences? What is a good goal for maintenance for a woman?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, I tend to be something of an ectomorph when it comes to building muscle; I was doing cross-fit workouts pretty regularly with a group of friends for about a year, and while I definitely got more toned and stronger, I never felt like I saw for example significant gains in my deadlifts or overhead press. Is this just a matter of needing more targeted training, or is there something else I'm missing?[/FONT]

Finding your maintenance is a highly individual thing with a ton of factors. Generally, you have to play around with your diet and training to find where the balance is to keep the bf% you want.
Regarding lack of progress on deadlift and such, you really need a program that forces progressive overload to make strides there. I found the nsuns deadlift focus program particularly good for this lift, but there is a huge variety of good programs out there that force progressive overload. Try different ones out to see what clicks with you.

Last edited:
the misconception people think is that being super lean means healthy.. there are plenty of crackhead homeless people if you drive around on the street who are lean but they have a very short lifespan

having said that the obesity epidemic is out of hand not just in the US but worldwide.. obesity is simply an affluent disease, meaning years ago only the super rich (we are talking kings and queens) were fat cause they could eat anything.. now everyone has access to whatever they want, whenever they want.

I'm right at 24.5% percent body fat right now, and I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable goal for maintenance is. If this is accurate, it seems doable for a woman to maintain a percent body fat between 20-22% without becoming completely obsessed with fitness. What has been your experiences? What is a good goal for maintenance for a woman?

Also, I tend to be something of an ectomorph when it comes to building muscle; I was doing cross-fit workouts pretty regularly with a group of friends for about a year, and while I definitely got more toned and stronger, I never felt like I saw for example significant gains in my deadlifts or overhead press. Is this just a matter of needing more targeted training, or is there something else I'm missing?

A little lower.

[FONT=&quot]I'm right at 24.5% percent body fat right now, and I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable goal for maintenance is. If this is accurate, it seems doable for a woman to maintain a percent body fat between 20-22% without becoming completely obsessed with fitness. What has been your experiences? What is a good goal for maintenance for a woman?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, I tend to be something of an ectomorph when it comes to building muscle; I was doing cross-fit workouts pretty regularly with a group of friends for about a year, and while I definitely got more toned and stronger, I never felt like I saw for example significant gains in my deadlifts or overhead press. Is this just a matter of needing more targeted training, or is there something else I'm missing?[/FONT]
For a female that's actually not a bad bodyfat percentage at all. Of course a little lower would be more ideal. Probably around 20% but you arent far off the mark and you are in the ballpark

Top Bottom