Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Non-Weightlifting Activities Do You On Days Off?

In recent years I have changing my workout routines from this

• Eat
  • Lift weight
  • Increase resistance
  • Repeat
To this

• Eat
  • Lift weight
  • Increase resistance
  • *Effective non-weightlifting activity*
  • Repeat

I find by doing that, it opens my mind up a little more and leads to a happier bodybuilding life

I often go for massages

That is, Shiatsu, Swedish and Thai full body massages. But what activities do you do on your non-weightlifting days to break the routine up.. or some other benefit?

Hey stayfit, just wondering when you say "*Effective non-weightlifting activity*" What sorts of activities does this include that does not do any actual bodybuilding on off days?

Hey stayfit, just wondering when you say "*Effective non-weightlifting activity*" What sorts of activities does this include that does not do any actual bodybuilding on off days?

Hi Ark 94

This could be anything that will give you benefits such as

Yoga, different types of massage, dance. Even guitar hero or rockband (The drums). Or anything that has the 'fun' factor.

Foam Rolling, stretching...swimming.

I really try to do whatever I can with my son. In the 8 months of Summer that means we go to the Beach 4x a week. Now, Winter, we go to the playground at the mall.

I carry a heavy pack, where heavy boots, and walk my ass to the top of a high mountain, then I get to ski powder the rest of the way down. Lots of benefits, certainly not helpful to a bodybuilder though.

I alternate lifting days with bicycling days then treat myself to a massage as a reward for hitting workout targets.

Top Bottom