Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critique my diet and training routine.

Yozzer

Would like fellow pros opinions on my diet and training. I'm trying to get my diet and training right, and would appreciate your input. I'm 150 lbs, 5"8, 21, and want to bulk up. I'm natural at the moment.

Meal 1: cals protein
6 egg whites 110 42
4 rds wholemeal bread 384 18
1 banana 100 ?
1 pint of milk 180 16

Meal 2:
Chicken and white rice 434 24
1 pint of milk 180 16

Meal 3:
3 rds wholemeal bread 288 13.5
1 banana 100 ?
Protein drink 200 44

Meal 4: (post workout)
Protein drink 350 77

Meal 5:
2 rds wholemeal bread 192 9
Chicken fillet ? 35

Meal 6: (before bed)
Protein drink 200 44

Total: 2718 338.5

Is this enough/too much? Not sure if the cals/prot is correct so would appreciate info. Also, should i add 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil in each protein drink? And i have peanut butter if anyone could encorporate that into the diet.Also, can you recommend anything else post workout. i have these mass builder drinks with 40 g protein in and 800 cals, but i don't want to put much fat on, if any.

Training routine:
Monday: Chest: Flat bench press 4 sets
Incline bench press 4 sets
Curls 4 sets
Tuesday: Arms: Bi's Standing barbell curl 4 sets
Standing dumbell curls 4 sets
Tri's: Close grip bench press 4 sets
Seated tricep extensions (over head) 4 sets
Wed: off
Thursday: Back: Chins 4 sets
Lat pulldowns 4 sets
Machine rows - 4 sets
Legs: Squats 10 sets
Friday: Shoulders: Front press barbell 4 sets
Standing lat raise 4 sets
Standing front raise dumbell 4 sets

I do a warm up before i begin each session. I have to do legs and back together because i visit the gym only once specifically to do these body parts. i do the rest at home in my gym.
Thanks for any input.

Yozzer.

#1: you are eating way to much bread and milk. you should be eating brown rice, yams, oatmeal, rice cakes, bannanas (after training). try to stay away from dairy.#2: train each body part 1x/wk at full intensity. switch up the routine and exercises every week to confuse your body.#3: don't do cardio if trying to bulk up, drink lots of water, and eat eat eat. try to eat 6-8 meals a day with carbs a t each meal with lots of protein. obstain from drinking alcohol, stay away from junk foods, and good luck.

I agree with what kid said, too much bread.

I would also add some red meat to your diet.

There is absolutely no reason to cut out the milk and wholesome bread. If your bread is whole grain then it is a fine carbohydrate choice. Dairy products are fantastic sources of protein. Your calories are too low. It looks like you need more carbs and definately fats. You counted calories and protein but not carbs or fat. These nutrients are just as vital and should never be over looked in a sound diet approach. You're also counting the protein in your bread and rice I think. This is incomplete protein and shouldn't be counted to the daily total for protein intake. Only count complete protein sources. In general you need to eat more. Use brown rice as opposed to white rice. One area tht you are lacking that is going to be very detrimental to your progress is your post workout meal. You have no carbs in there. This the THE most essential time to get carbs, and an adequate amount of them, into your muscles. You must replenish muscle glycogen following a workout or you will not experience hypertrohy. Consume high GI carbs at this time...and a good bit of them. I recomend at least 100g imediately following training. This will spare the protein you consume from being converted to glucose. If that happens then you can't use that protein for muscle repair and subsequent growth. I would shoot for a minimum of 3500 calories. Flax seed oil is a fantastic source of benificial fat and calories. Don't mix it in your post workout shake, but all other times are fine. Recalculate your protein intake ajusted for complete protein only. Figure out your carb and fat intake as well. Add more wholesome carbs for additional calories along with healthy fats. I won't comment on your workout at this time. Foccus on one thing at a time and diet is hands down the most importatnt factor in success. Get those calories up.

Hmmm, surely 3500 cals or more is too much. I'm only 150lbs, 2500 is surely plenty. Also, with regards to the post meal workout, I have these drinks that give 150 carbs, 45 g protein and 25 g fat, when taken with whole milk. This ok? I don't want to put much fat on. Also, I simply cannot afford red meat....too expensive, i'm only a student on low income. Chicken, mince, tuna and other fish is about all i can afford.

Yozzer

Top Bottom