Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training twice a day bad idea?

crayonofdoom

would training chest at 7:30am then training legs at 10:00am be a bad idea? I have two weight classes in the morning (7:30-8:15, and 10:00-10:52). The way i'm doing it now is on consecutive days.

do you plan on traing twice a day everyday or every other day? i'd say every other day won't be too bad. although you might notice you're afternoon workout being a little weaker. IF I HAD TO DO IT THAT WAY, i'd alternate my legs and chest in the am

Just a few issues to think about. For one, if you lift that early in the morning are you gonna lift on an empty stomach? Are you gonna be too tired to workout out?

Also, your classes are only like 50 minutes long. Lets assume that before you workout, you do some sort of warm up and then some stretching [hopefully you do this] and lets say that takes like 15 minutes. That gives you half an hour to do all your stuff. Lots of people would say that that is plenty of time for one body part, but its something you have to consider for yourself.

Also, your two classes are very close to each other. Under two hours from the end of one to the beginning of another. Lets say you eat after the first one to replenish your body. Do you get tired after you eat? Are you gonna be too tired going into your second workout??

Personally, if i had the time, i would break my workout up into two different parts during the day. But i would space the two workouts much farther apart otherwise, i would get burnt out. When i had time for a 2xday i did one at 9:30 and the other around 2:30. This worked well.

I think there are some things to think about, but there's nothing wrong with trying it and checking to see if you have the energy for it or not.

-Fatty

Shouldn't be an issue doing two different parts.

rest and eat between workouts to ensure energy.

Make sure you have 4-6 hours between each session. This ensures that your nervous system will be at the proper level for training. Anything sooner or later then this window will hinder your gains.

Is training twice a day a bad idea? I'll keep this answer short and sweet...its not just a bad idea its so stupid that you only got a couple of serious replies to the question.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Is training twice a day a bad idea? I'll keep this answer short and sweet...its not just a bad idea its so stupid that you only got a couple of serious replies to the question.

I dont think its as bad as what you are saying. I personally dont even have time to do anything twice a day, but i definately have workouts where i wish i could finish the second body part at another time. And i feel that my tiredness cuts into my intensity. [Although not lately, i been rocking it!!]

Personally, i think your answer is a load of crap, not so much because of your opinion, but because all you do is insult this guy who's just here trying to learn, AND, you don't back up your opinion with any kind of reasoning. I think that's sad.

-Fatty

thx

Thanks to everyone excluding :die:BBF, thanks especially to fatty ^^ the energy level will not be a problem at all, and it will be only on monday. The chest workout will be low reps, high weight, and the leg workout will be low weight, high[er] reps.
Just for the record BBF there is a certain bodybuilder (I'll leave it at that for lack of his name, he was in a friend's ironman issue I skimmed through months ago) who used to train his chest twice a day and I'm sure it's better than yours in all aspects.

Last edited:
i wouldnt train twice a day unless I was juicing. If your clean you will never recover and will overtrain very quickly

Top Bottom