Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer Diet Philosophy!!

XFL

Hey bros trying to get my diet down so that i can do my shopping week to week and just get what i need. Im trying to BULK. 5'10 200 right now. natty.(for now lol) but i was just reading Mike Mentzers Heavy Duty Nutrition ebook.
and in his ebook he gives a 6,000 calorie a day diet which looks like this. I usually eat higher carbs and moderate protein putting on size,that seems to work for me. but i just want to see what you bros think of this diet and should i work with it. it seems simple. her it is:
Breakfast:
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup lowfat milk
1 slice toast
1 tbs butter
total cals:675
snack:
1 peanut butter sandwich
1 banana
1 cup grape juice
total cals:485
lunch:
4 pieces fried chicken,french fries or baked potato w/butter,green salad w/blue cheese
1 scoop ice cream
2 granola cookies
1 cup lowfat milk
total cals:1500
snack:
1 cup dried fruit
1 1/2 cups milk
total cals:600
dinner:
1 cup cream of mushroom soup
1 beef sirloin(6 oz)
1 dinner roll and butter
1 cup mixed veggies
1 slice of pie with beverage
total cals:1650
snack:
1 cup mixed nuts without salt
1 cup cocoa
total cals:1050
daily total cals:6,000

he doesnt give anything about protein or carbs,but thats why i posted this to see if anyone understood, see if it is worth trying. thank you

I've been doing this for over twelve years and not only my experience but common nutritional advice would be, "That diet will make you fat." There is a certain point where nutritional and program intervention won't give you the gains you want. I was 205 at 5'10" when I "went to the dark side." I'm not advocating drug use but you have to set realistic goals. If you're 200 and under 12% BF at 5'10" naturally you're a genetic freak, which I am as well, and you're probably hitting your peak.

Mentzer was a great bodybuilder but I wouldn't live by his advice and I won't disparage his legacy by attacking his theories; So nuff said.

Thank you, i didnt really understand why there is no count of carbs or protein. im 200-205 depends when u catch me i have been to the darkside lol but been natty this last year(not by choice) im just trying to get a decent bulk diet down so then i know what i have to do everyday instead of just grabbing whatever and eating it, i like to try to plan my week out in advance ..thank you

XFL said:
I usually eat higher carbs and moderate protein putting on size,that seems to work for me.

I think you said it all here. Just because a guy is/was big, doesn't make him right. Do what works for you.

Top Bottom