Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIT training, the Mike Mentzer way (Heavy duty)

MrMuscle

Anobody here follows this form of training?
Im thinking of starting it the 1st of january, and if anybody else wanna join in it would be great. I have some questions that need to be answered before i start it, so anybody with an interest for this kind of training give me a shout.

Bro give HD2 a miss, I tried it for a few months and got nowhere. I ended up stronger but softer and smaller, there just wasnt enough volume/frequency.

Classic HD and old school HIT (Dr Ken, Arthur Jones stuff from the 70's) now thats good shit. Try it if you can afford to sleep 12 hours a night and you'll fuckin explode lol.

I still need to read more, but i just finished the book with the same title as this thread. And it is intriguing. From what i understand, the whole point is the "lack" of volume. But i've seen his other books around, so i gotta read them as well. And also, check out all the articles on www.mikementzer.com

Yeah thats where the problem lies. The 'HIT' guys who I respect like Dr Ken, Bob Whelan or even McRobert (whos arguably not HIT but bear with me) all talk about balancing intensity with frequency and finding the routine that lets you maximise the number of productive workouts. Go to http://www.naturalstrength.com/ to see what I mean.

Mentzer totally discounts both frequency and volume as unimportant to triggering growth, which is obviously not the case. But there's only one way to find out and that's to do it lol

This is true, but he still makes some valid points about rest periods and such. Im probably gonne try it anyway, but that url you gave me has much interesting reading material. So i know what im doing this winter. Better start reading.

I dont feel that article is relevant here at all.
Mentzer encourages 4-10 days between each time you train a specific muscle, and that's not much more than what i've always done. He also doesnt tell you to train slow. Allthough i can see the muscle anthophy case being an issue if you train twice a month, but thats not how i interepet Heavy Duty to be done.

The problems with all these guys is that they use judgement and theory to formulate their training "systems". There is no science or research involved

Tweakle said:
Bro give HD2 a miss, I tried it for a few months and got nowhere. I ended up stronger but softer and smaller, there just wasnt enough volume/frequency.

Classic HD and old school HIT (Dr Ken, Arthur Jones stuff from the 70's) now thats good shit. Try it if you can afford to sleep 12 hours a night and you'll fuckin explode lol.

What do you do if you combine the old HD and old school HIT? I thought about doing old school HIT a while ago (Jones style) then decided not to...

Top Bottom