Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wheatgrass

biggdog

I was getting a protein shake after training this morning
and the gril working there gave me 25 reasons why lifters should drink at least an oz. of wheat grass 2-3 times a week. What ya think?

1 oz shot of wheat grass is 'reported' to = to 2 1/2 lbs of green vegies... lots of chlorophyll (plant energy).

We sold in a nutrition/supplement store I worked- had it everyday...wow, energy from it was great! Really killed any cravings. On an empty stomach, the juice causes a little queeziness. I found it very useful when taking a break from ECA. Fresh organic wheat grass usually tastes a little sweet- it's kind of a taste one has to get used to. You could also just crumble the grass on salads, etc... if the taste is too much. It's pretty potent.

There is a good book on it, gives lots of uses for grass...cancer patients, post surgery- can't remember the author, but I think the book was just called 'Wheat Grass'.
What were her 25 reasons?

flex4life
She had a handout with the 25 reasons. I can only remember six: antioxidant, liver cleanser, natural deoderant, cleans bowels, supposedly clears acne and other skin disorders in taken for 7+ month, increases energy. Man are you right about the aquired taste! I'm going to try 2-3 shots a week and see what happens.

If wheat grass is as good as everyone says it is, then why does no company ever tell you exactly how many milligrams of vitamins/nutriants each serving actually contains? Hmmm... knida fishy huh? I mean, if I had a product where one teaspoon was equivilant to 2 or 3 salads I would friggen prove it and list the exact amount of vitamens (in milligrams etc.) per serving. :confused:

i would have to agree i looked at a box of the stuff today at a shop and it didn't say how much wheat grass was in it, or how much of anything it provided. But it did provide you w/ a very nice expensive price if you bought it.

The only wheat grass I've ever had is the true grass, not a box or from a company...from actual growers. This is the 'real deal'- anything in a box or from a supp store already packaged would not contain the same elements as live grass... major difference.

The grower brought it to my store in a huge zip lock baggies- looked liked remains of a mowed lawn. He cut it that am, delivered it in a few hours (refrigerated)...we kept in frig until made into juice. It is only considered 'live' up to 7 days after being cut.

Potent stuff! Anyone who has had carrot juice or other vegie made from the actual plant...not pills, into juice knows the difference of tasting & feeling the potency of the real thing. Carrot juice can give you a nice buzzzz...

biggdog- The book I mentioned lists these reasons she said as part of it's usefulness. At the store, we would offer customers a 1/2 t 'natural peanut butter chaser' with every shot of grass..maybe this will help you with the taste.

if you can handle the taste it is great stuff

I agree about the taste of wheat grass definently aquired They had that stuff growing beside the blender at my old gym, made me sick just looking at it. Drinking it wells that another story. Though the stuff did give me energy, but i didnt take it long enough to see any other benefits.:supercool

flex4life: I totally agree with you about the fresh grass being better that dried up powder and what not, don't get me wrong, I would love for these outrageous claims about wheatgrass to be true, but the only thing that I know for sure about wheatgrass is that nobody has ever listed exactly what it contains - It's always some vague estimation like "3 tablespoons =9 pounds of vegetables". If anyone out there can provide me with the actual amounts of vitamins and other good stuff that wheatgrass supposivley contains I would love it - but I doubt that it will happen.

Top Bottom