Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My new....

myway

Banned
...morning shake. As some of u may remember, I have been trying to eat more to improve my running and to gain some lean weight. My biggest problem time to get myself to eat is after I wake up or after I run. When I go running, I usually can't get myself to take in any cals for about 2 or more hours.Just feel like puking :worried: . I know this probably isn't the best but it's a start, and the only thing with decent cals and protein that won't make me hurl after a workout:
8oz of water
8oz skim milk
1scoop(half serving) of choc. muscle milk
1scoop of choc. Designer whey

I make it in the blender and drink it with ice. I'm figuring it to be about:
355 cals
42 protein
16 sugar(mostly from the skim milk)
remember, I only use 1/2 serving of muscle milk for extra protein and flavor.
I sip on it for about 2 hours after my run. I run between 3-5 miles. Before, I couldn't eat anything after my run so I figured if this isn't making my belly sick, it's a good start. Whatcha ladies think?

Technically, if you want to retain muscle and recover properly - you really need to begin drinking this within 30-60 minutes PWO......and I'd recommend adding some glutamine.....

Now if you have issues mentally with ingesting food that soon - try to trick yourself, etc in order to get it in you - it's a mental thing......You're not doing yourself much good waiting that long to eat pwo...

myway said:
...morning shake. As some of u may remember, I have been trying to eat more to improve my running and to gain some lean weight. My biggest problem time to get myself to eat is after I wake up or after I run. When I go running, I usually can't get myself to take in any cals for about 2 or more hours.Just feel like puking :worried: . I know this probably isn't the best but it's a start, and the only thing with decent cals and protein that won't make me hurl after a workout:
8oz of water
8oz skim milk
1scoop(half serving) of choc. muscle milk
1scoop of choc. Designer whey

I make it in the blender and drink it with ice. I'm figuring it to be about:
355 cals
42 protein
16 sugar(mostly from the skim milk)
remember, I only use 1/2 serving of muscle milk for extra protein and flavor.
I sip on it for about 2 hours after my run. I run between 3-5 miles. Before, I couldn't eat anything after my run so I figured if this isn't making my belly sick, it's a good start. Whatcha ladies think?
I know the feeling I used to go through this too.... I used to not be able to even smell food before I would go out for a run. Then when I first started adding in like 1/2 a banana like 30 minutes prior I noticed my runs would be more sluggish. So I would get up an hour before I would run eat a bowl of oatmeal, drink one scoop protein in ice with glutamine, and 1/2 a banana. Then an hour to hour and a half later I would run. EVen if you get up to eat and go back to bed till you are ready to get up... It's better then not eating anything. Can't really put lean mass on when you are in a consistent cardio burning zone because you will start eating muscle off.
You have to just get over the fact of "I hurl if I eat before a.m. cardio" and just take steps to change it. It took me about 2 months to be able to eat within 1 hour before a run. Just realize it has to be done.. no if's and's or but's..Reprogram the brain...
And afterwards I know the feeling too.... Just drink it...

jenscats5 said:
Technically, if you want to retain muscle and recover properly - you really need to begin drinking this within 30-60 minutes PWO......and I'd recommend adding some glutamine.....

Now if you have issues mentally with ingesting food that soon - try to trick yourself, etc in order to get it in you - it's a mental thing......You're not doing yourself much good waiting that long to eat pwo...
Thanx, jens. I was wanting u to respond. I know u are good with the food thing. I don't think my problem is a mental thing(atleast not with food, anyway-lol). It seems like my stomache is REALLY sensitive. Any kind of physical stress(lifting, cardio, being tired, ect.) makes me feel like I will puke if I eat 2soon after. Sometimes, I can drink stuff. I know the importance of eating soon after a workout. The problem is I feel like I need to let my stomach calm down, first. I don't know why. I have always been like this. he glutamine sounds like a good idea. :)

myway said:
Thanx, jens. I was wanting u to respond. I know u are good with the food thing. I don't think my problem is a mental thing(atleast not with food, anyway-lol). It seems like my stomache is REALLY sensitive. Any kind of physical stress(lifting, cardio, being tired, ect.) makes me feel like I will puke if I eat 2soon after. Sometimes, I can drink stuff. I know the importance of eating soon after a workout. The problem is I feel like I need to let my stomach calm down, first. I don't know why. I have always been like this. he glutamine sounds like a good idea. :)

Well if you want to put on some lean muscle - you've got to suck it up & figure out a way to trick your head into accepting the food - cuz by waiting so long it ain't gonna happen....

Your stomach could be sensitive cuz you *think* (ie believe) it's sensitive....

Aslo, if you need something beforehand - try 2-3 hard boiled egg whites.....

treilin said:
I know the feeling I used to go through this too.... I used to not be able to even smell food before I would go out for a run. Then when I first started adding in like 1/2 a banana like 30 minutes prior I noticed my runs would be more sluggish. So I would get up an hour before I would run eat a bowl of oatmeal, drink one scoop protein in ice with glutamine, and 1/2 a banana. Then an hour to hour and a half later I would run. EVen if you get up to eat and go back to bed till you are ready to get up... It's better then not eating anything. Can't really put lean mass on when you are in a consistent cardio burning zone because you will start eating muscle off.
You have to just get over the fact of "I hurl if I eat before a.m. cardio" and just take steps to change it. It took me about 2 months to be able to eat within 1 hour before a run. Just realize it has to be done.. no if's and's or but's..Reprogram the brain...
And afterwards I know the feeling too.... Just drink it...
Yep :worried: . I'm just gonna hafta do it. I will be strong. :)

jenscats5 said:
Well if you want to put on some lean muscle - you've got to suck it up & figure out a way to trick your head into accepting the food - cuz by waiting so long it ain't gonna happen....

Your stomach could be sensitive cuz you *think* (ie believe) it's sensitive....

Aslo, if you need something beforehand - try 2-3 hard boiled egg whites.....
I know I totally waste my time working out if I don't eat right. I need to get over my wimpy, cranky gut. I'll do what I need to do in order to get where I need to be. Thanx for the help. :)

I know some have had good results with digestive enzymes....dunno if that would help you or not - if you have digestive/stomach issues, may want to try it & checking with your Dr. 1st.....

jenscats5 said:
I know some have had good results with digestive enzymes....dunno if that would help you or not - if you have digestive/stomach issues, may want to try it & checking with your Dr. 1st.....
I went to my doc for this kinda stuff when I was 24. He said he thought I might have an ulcer..... then he told me I couldn't have any more coffee :worried: .
I went back last year and he said to eat a lot of small meals because I have a fussy tummy. I think I need to just try to get stuff down even when I don't feel like it. I won't know until I try. I'll keep u peeps updated and thanx for the help. :)

Top Bottom