Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The average man/woman

Interesting!

It is easy to lose perspective. I know I'm often amazed when I catch sight of my reflection in 'normal' surroundings such as in a shop window with typical people around rather than other lifters.

many of those "averages" are just plain wrong.

i bet less than 10% of all men ages 20 -40 can do 35 proper form push-ups in one minute.

and most dudes can't do one pull-up, much less 30.

yeah that is pretty interesting i expected bench to be a little lower than that cuz i heard it was good if u could bench ur weight but as of now i dont think so i mean yeah i bench alot more but i know many of average men who cant.

Those standards are inflated. Quite abit actually.

A guy I work with is 5'9", 165lbs and has an average build. He is white. We work in excavation and I would say that because of the work we do he is stronger than the average guy that doesn't do some heavy physical labor. He doesn't workout, but I have gone climbing with him and this is what I noted.

Pullups-barely 1, barely
I was hang snatching 135 overhead no problem, he could deadlift the weight ok, but could not generate the strength to get his arms to bend even half-way. Even using leg drive he could not get the weight up to shoulder height.

Could barely do 1 hanging leg raise to parallel let alone head height

Another guy at my gym ended up training with me a couple times. He was just starting lifting. He is black. About 5'9", 160lbs, very lean and muscular looking. Could do chinups bodyweight+30x4. Dips-bodyweight+60x5, full back squat 115x5, deadlift 185x1. Could barely clean 135, barely

He has much better genetics than my co-worker and better bodybuilder genetics than me. BUT, although his strength levels are very good in the upper body muscles his basic leg, lowerback and full body strength are lacking. And he is definitely above the average.

Those numbers are STUPID.

Top Bottom