Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got Are Shirts On Again! And Went Something Like This!

powerlifterjay

I did less of a warmup. Which hurt me. I felt ok i aint complaining i just need reps to get ready. so did the following

light warmups 225 and under for lots of sets
315x 8
405x5
455x1
500x1
shirted up new loose shirt.
500x1
545x1
575x1
mdium shirt
615x1 fast rep about 1inch above chest
625x1 fast and strong less then 1 inch above chest. It will touch

I was scared that with the medium shirt 625 would be pushing it. But it felt good and i can touch it.

My loose shirt will not let me get 600 in it. (maybe but i doubt it at this time). My grandparents are coming to St Pete to watch for the first time ever. I wanna let them see me win. So i will use the loose shirt and open an easy, safe 570lbs. This shirt doesnt give me much off the bottom. So anymore and i will push it.

But if i miss my first will waste no more time with this shirt and go straight to 615 then 625 for a third. If i get the 625 on my 3rd, i then will put the tight shirt on and go for the APA world record and try 660lbs. record is 655. But only if i get the 3rd.

I will let Grimmer tell you about his lifts tonight. But i will say there were strong and fast. He is gonna be very happy in St Pete. And he will also bench alot one day. He has the tools he just need the time. Watching him get ready and his style on the bench he looks like a pro already!

yo jay....those lifts were fast in strong but ive seen you do 660 the same way. just get your mind right and dont let the weight beat you cause i know you can do it. also if i were you i would pull 2morrow cause i couldnt go this long with out knowing what my lift is. ill be there to cheer you and jimmydean on.

oh........i got my double denim and i tried it on and it fits pretty good. im gonna use it 2morrow so i can try and break it in. ill bring the water bottle so i can get it loose. im gonna do my regular program for my bench and then hit the shirt cause im gonna hit it again friday.

see ya 2morrow

BH

Thanks freak. But if we pull i aint maxing. I will be able to tell if i am stronger by some reps of 3.

The 660 is exclusively done with the TIGHT shirt. It will be my world record shirt for now. Hopefully i will get to break her out in ST Pete.

My shirt work went a whole lot better than last time. Since i've never worn one all the weights are new PRs for me. I'm just trying to find a weight that i can get to touch and open with.

I warmed up as usual and put the shirt on for 315. I got it about 3 inches and then locked it out.

THen i went 335 like last week and blew it up like 135. I think i'm getting the groove down and will probably open with that maybe 340. I just had to try to bring the bar a little closer to my chest instead of abs and it went straight back up instead of over my face like last time.
I'll probably go 335 , 350 , and depending on how 350 went , 365 or 375 in the meet. I feel so much more relaxed knowing what i can open with.

congratulations grimmer,

Glad to hear your shirt is working well. I am still getting my ass kicked by my shirt, but hopefully I will win the next round.

Jay or Grimmer, I lift on March 16th, and today is the 5th. Do you think that trying to get in one or two lifts with the shirt on Sunday the 10th would be a good idea. I know that is only 6 days out, but I still don't have this shirt figured out. I have even considered opening with about 350 or 365 raw, just to get one on the board, but I don't want to punk out and piss away an attempt.

What do you think?

B

I don't think that trying it on again on sunday will hurt. We plan on shirting up on mon the 11th as well,but that will be the last day i train chest and its only to get as comfortable as possible with the shirt no real work.

Brain No problem! Like grimmer said we are shirting up monday. Will probably hit opener and 2nd attempt. And be done. So hell ya shirt up again bro.

Thanks grimmer and jay,

I will shirt up on Sunday after speed bench. May cut off a set or two of speed work, and try and find a suitable opener. The bad news is that the shirt is not as effective as my open back. But the good news is that it takes more than the current state record for Class 1, mens 242 lb class to touch my chest. So as long as I don't completely bomb I will come home with my name in the record books.

Jay, I tried resigning but every computer that I use at home or work automatically signs me on as brianmincher, and would not let me change my name. So brianmincher lives on. You are right, it won't hurt anything on this board, and I rarely post on the anabolics board anyway, and I am careful what I talk about over there.

C-ya guys.

"Brain" This is a one time sign off just for you Jay.

Top Bottom