Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

egg whites vs. whole eggs?

Rowlando36

I saw a show on tv that was a dating show and 2 former Olympic skaters went on a date and they went to dinner and started arguing about egg whites vs. whole eggs and the girl got pissed off cause he was saying whole eggs are bad and to only stick to egg whites. i guess cause of the cholesterol or something. what u think?

good quality humane friendly eggs is what you look for. and you also need to cook them properly. anything short of that is a mistake

eggs whites out of a carton are pasteurized and processed.. that means the nutrition is zapped away. would be like comparing eating a fresh orange off the tree vs. sunny delight OJ. not even the same thing

You want the whole egg. The nutrition is in the yolk. Dietary cholesterol is completely different than your cholesterol levels.

I would t go as far as saying that the nutrition is in the whole egg. The protein is In The egg whites.
You get 17 g of fat in the yolk. NOtE: Fat is essential in diets.
With this being said, there are studies indicating that the whole egg promotes protein synthesis more than just the egg white.
Also the USDA has backtracked a little and has removed the limit on dietary cholesterol limits. There is no link of dietary cholesterol to blood cholesterol levels. Most foods that have cholesterol are high in saturated fat content.

With all this being said, if you want a lot of protein with low calories, egg whites still delivers however the thought that the whole egg is unhealthy is outdated and even provides a benefit in the synthesis of protein. NOTE: the study was accomplished by consuming the eggs right after physical exercise and it was a small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom