Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys wearing weight belts no matter what exercise.....

Crying Brian

There are guys at my gym that uses a belt when doing bi's and tri's, shoulders, as well as chest with a weight belt. I am curious to why the hell they would do that. It is just pissing me off,lol.

used to see it all the time in my old gym. just ignore it, there are always a majority of idiots in a gym and only a few experienced and knowledgable people.

theres this one crazy guy at my gym. belt on at all times. all of his exercises are sitting down with a belt on. he has a terrible build, all hunched over from sitting curls and db bench. nothing more, nothing less.

Usually it's not being done by anyone who actually knows how to lift... A good rule of thumb for Belts.. do not use a belt untill you are squating 2X your bodyweight, and deadlifting 1.5X your body weight...

If you bench with a shirt you will wear a belt, but that's more focused toward us powerlifters.

I've seen a couple of the dipshits at my gym doing cardio with their belt on. I don't think they understand that the bodybuilders in magazines wear the belt to do curls because the belt company pays them to wear it so dipshits will buy them.

Cheers,
Scotsman

It's also a great way to make yourself look like you have more of a V shape then you actually do. It hides the love handles quite nicely and makes the distance between your shoulders and your hips appear smaller, hence you look stalkier.

Aside from that it makes them feel powerful and impressive. LOL

D O R K S!

They buy equipment for the gym, because it protects your back... they wear it, without knowing what its for... or how to use it properly.

Same principal as the people who buy supplements but skip training... and those guys who use straps on the bar for everything!!!

Phreezer_Machine said:
Usually it's not being done by anyone who actually knows how to lift... A good rule of thumb for Belts.. do not use a belt untill you are squating 2X your bodyweight, and deadlifting 1.5X your body weight...

If you bench with a shirt you will wear a belt, but that's more focused toward us powerlifters.

I'd be VERY careful with this one. According to this, I wouldn't need a belt until I put 450 on the squat rack. To anyone other than an experienced lifter, powerlifter or otherwise, that's just insane. Hell I've been lifting for over ten years and I don't even approach those kinds of numbers. I put on the belt starting at 285, roughly 65lbs over my bodyweight.

Yes. It's all very cool and macho to put up a bunch of weight without a belt. And granted, belts do tend to be overused. However they do serve a purpose. Not everyone who uses them is an idiot. I know a lot of the guys who wear them for every excercise probably don't need them. However I know guys who have had chronic back problems and the belt stays on through their entire workouts. It's not a fashion statement, it's a necessity.

So keep in mind, sometimes they are there for a reason.

Top Bottom