Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 whole cheat day VS. 1 cheat meal every day

dEgeNeRaTe8211

I was kinda wondering, since I decided to have a cheat day once a week....

Well if on your cheat day, you still eat 6 times that day...but any foods you want, of course. That would be 6 cheat meals that one day....6 for the week.

What if you have one cheat meal a day for 6 days of the week? That would still be the same number of cheat meals that week...but just spread out throughout the week. (and then one totally clean day each week).

nice try:)

but, no.
It does not work like that. If you were to have 1 cheat meal a day, then wtf, you'd be at a positive caloric balance, which would mean you'd NEVER lose fat.
If you wanna do it, go ahead, but I'd rather lose fat than gain fat on a cutting diet.:rolleyes:

I have a cheat meal once a week, usually the day before a big lower-body workout. I just eat a full, "normal" appetizer, meat and potatoes or pasta and meat and dessert. I pay no attention to carb count or fat count but I make sure there's a hefty serving of protein. I drink a glass of wine. Obviously I'm not cutting for a show.

I think the cheat meal (which I learned aobut on the Women's Baord months ago) kicks your metabolism around a little and also gives you a big serving of glucose to give a good workout the next day. There's probably no real scientific prinicple here, but it works for me. Also keeps me sane.

it really depends on your diet... on ckd or atkins... one day is not so bad a week... but a meal each day would keep you out of ketosis for sure...

so to answer you... it all depends upon your diet!

dEgeNeRaTe8211 said:
I was kinda wondering, since I decided to have a cheat day once a week....

Well if on your cheat day, you still eat 6 times that day...but any foods you want, of course. That would be 6 cheat meals that one day....6 for the week.

What if you have one cheat meal a day for 6 days of the week? That would still be the same number of cheat meals that week...but just spread out throughout the week. (and then one totally clean day each week).

The reasons cheat days work is that they increase leptin levels -- the shortest overfeeding period I have seen in the literature that resultied in significant increases in leptin was 4-5 hours, so this would probably not work. However, splitting it up into 2 days rather than 1 (or 6) would.

the way i understand the princepal of a cheat day is to keep your body for those of us who have super slow metabolism from going into a starvation mode where it stores everything it can as fat

bigbusdriver said:
the way i understand the princepal of a cheat day is to keep your body for those of us who have super slow metabolism from going into a starvation mode where it stores everything it can as fat

Yes, and leptin is what controlls this.

Actually, alot of things control this, but leptin controls them.

bigbusdriver said:

Some cheat days are more productive than others. Cheat days can benefit both psychologically, and physically. i.e psychologically, the mood altering effects of sugar can be especially comforting for dieters after days of low carb eating. It also makes the diet more bearable. Secondly, physically, cheat meals consisting of a decent amount of carbohydrates drive protein into the muscles for synthesis. Remember, all the protein circulatiing through the body does nothing unless driven into the cells for synthesis. This is why the typical ketogenic diet isn't best for muscle building due to the absense of insulin saturation.

I've personally found the best fat loss/muscle gain combination to be 3-4 days of ketogenic dieting, with 1 cheat meal of complex carbohydrates the last meal of the 3rd or 4th day, then repeating this cycle. This is the exact plan I use to get ultra ripped while maintaining and even building lean muscle in a short period of time.

Top Bottom