Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First heavy deadlifts since injury!!

musclehed275

On threads I posted earlier, I told everyone that I competed back in the 80's, retired from powerlifting in 93, due to a bunch of injuries, and did BB shows until a year ago, then made a comeback in bench meets...The only reason i did bench only was due to an injury that happened.. A year ago, February, I tore my patella tendon completely loose, my knee cap slid up into my groin, along with my quad!! They had to go in, pull the knee cap down, and wire it to my shin, and reatatch it!! I had it immobile for 3 months, started rehabe, it took me 8 months just to get full range of motion and be able to just do extensions!! I wasnt able to squat just the bar or body squats 10 months after the injury!...after a full year, I was squatting 225 for reps, terrible pain, and bad atrophy!! Im now able to do easy 405 reps, and heavy leg press... throughtout, i did some partial deads, stiff legg DL. and yesterday i went into the gym, and my partner wanted to do some deads, I thought , waht the hell, I started with 2 plates, went 3 plates, just feeling the weight, it was easy, I pulled 405, real easy! Went to 5 plates, still easy!! So i said, piss on it, im going for it!! I put 625 on the bar, just thinking I would attempt a single, just for the feel of it! well, I popped it so easy it wasnt funny! I think i could have popped 5 reps!! mind you, I pulled 777 at 275 in the 80's!! Im real happy!!! If i can get my squats back, Youll see me on the platform soon!! My wife Iron maiden popped 405 also, using straps, and it was ugly and hard, but still pulled it!!! I feel born again guys!!

Dude, that is so awesome! How did you get your patella injury in the first place? I'm so amazed by people who can come back from serious inury like this. Good job!

yes!

injury recovery stories are awesome!

dimmel tore both of his quads. he had to have someone come live with him to wipe his ass the first few months.

he was back on the platform squatting 900 and on the way back to 1000 before he passed away.

you can do it!

/irish

That is outstanding, good work. It is nice to hear when someone has the balls to come back from a devastating injury and hits huge numbers. We are proud of you.

Great pulling by the wife too.

B.

Thanks so much fellas for the positive feedback!! I feel like I did when I first started training and hit a pr! Allthough it was way below my best, I cant think of a time I was ever happier, due to knowing my leg would be fine! I guess its time to start testng the squats again!! I know one thing I had forgotten, since deadlifting off the floor, the soreness of your erectors, traps and hams and glutes!! Feels great! I have learned something though, my back felt really fresh, from not pulling off the floor for all that time, I think ill continue to do rack pulls, stiff legged, high pulls, and shruggs, and only pull off the floor sparingly, save it for the meet! thanks again guys, Illkeep you posted on progress!!

Top Bottom