Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Improving speed

I don't know that weight training will massively change your results here, but I suppose things like a glute press machine can help strengthen your launch.

I think the number 1 best way to improve your speed is to practice it.
So more sports specific training like sprinting along with all kinds of explosive exercises like box jumps and various foot work.

Combine that with some strength training and I think you are good to go.

are you in school? you should have a track team there and coaches who will help you improve.

i can tell you right off the bat the big mistake people make it overtraining. track practice is seldom more than 30-40 minutes, it isn't like practicing for basketball, soccer or football

b41a44a134bd64e00f877131f7401c87.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are some of the tips that will help you in improving your speed:

Change how you breathe

Learning how to breathe while running at faster speeds takes practice. Use both your nose and mouth while inhaling and exhaling to get the maximum amount of oxygen to the muscles. Also, try belly breathing—fill the stomach, not the chest, with air on each inhale.

Pay attention to your toes

The whole body plays a role in speed—from your head to your toes! Try dorsiflexion (arching your toes up toward you shins) while running. That way less of your foot hits the ground for a quicker stride turnover.

Jump rope

Take a lesson from boxers and add jump rope workouts to your routine. Boxers know that fast feet mean fast hands. But for runners, fast feet just equal fast feet.

b41a44a134bd64e00f877131f7401c87.jpg

I don’t know if that can help but I improved my speed when I was running and swimming after I had increased muscles of my arms, shoulders and scapulas just a little bit. A lot of fast burpees, jumping pushups and squats can help but sprinters don’t have small arms and shoulders.

Top Bottom