Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im screwed sooo screwed!!!!!

madrid

Everyone i need good advise really fast. Im a senior in college planning oonn going to grad school. I jsut goit ym final grade for a lab i am taking and i got a 69(D) i need a 70(C) to go because this lab is a prerequisit for all thre classes i need to graduate in the summer. I can not jsut take a lab for my next semester bec ill lose my insurance and financial aid stuff bec you need to be a fulltime student.
My TA is a hardass shes a gradstudent and prob wont budge. This will affect me for the rest of my life if she cant give me a C.
I already e-mailed her and left her a not
what should i do ????????????????????

not email her, i'd talk to her face to face adn see what you can come up with ,,,,,,if she doesn't budge, take it up with your professor, then the head of the dept, then the dean.

madrid said:
Everyone i need good advise really fast. Im a senior in college planning oonn going to grad school. I jsut goit ym final grade for a lab i am taking and i got a 69(D) i need a 70(C) to go because this lab is a prerequisit for all thre classes i need to graduate in the summer. I can not jsut take a lab for my next semester bec ill lose my insurance and financial aid stuff bec you need to be a fulltime student.
My TA is a hardass shes a gradstudent and prob wont budge. This will affect me for the rest of my life if she cant give me a C.
I already e-mailed her and left her a not
what should i do ????????????????????

ok go right to the chair of the deparment.... then to the dean,write a complaint...and if they still don't give you the grade look up "pre paid legal" on the net....its 10 bucs a month and lawyers will write a letter for you and stuff...threaton to sue and have the lawyer service write a letter explaining to the school they face possible litigation due to (they always find some tort) good luck

Pauly
not email her, i'd talk to her face to face adn see what you can come up with ,,,,,,if she doesn't budge, take it up with your professor, then the head of the dept, then the dean.

Exactly what you should do...good luck

Re: Re: Im screwed sooo screwed!!!!!

prophet said:

ok go right to the chair of the deparment.... then to the dean,write a complaint...and if they still don't give you the grade look up "pre paid legal" on the net....its 10 bucs a month and lawyers will write a letter for you and stuff...threaton to sue and have the lawyer service write a letter explaining to the school they face possible litigation due to (they always find some tort) good luck

Why would someone do this? How come people can not just accept failure and try again?

And we wonder what is wrong with education these days.

Go talk to her. If you had good attendance and put in effort, she is nasty to not bump you up to a C. It is just one point. Something that could come from one bad test or off week.

Star is right. Go talk to her in person, don't do any more emails. Tell her your situation and see if there is anything you can do to resolve it. If she says no go, that there is nothing she or you can do, then make sure that all your tests were graded properly and that no math errors exist. You may have to go over each test by hand. This is your right as a student. It is also your right to make sure all points were recorded properly in her gradebook. You'd hate to fail a class (or even worse, fail and not attempt to follow up on it) not because of something you did or did not do, but because of math error on the teacher's part.

As for going to the dean, if you stand a chance to lose financial gains, then you have everything to lose by not trying. First you will probably have to do the chain of command thing. I advise that you do that properly. Nothing makes a department head madder than to find out you went above their head BEFORE coming to them. Go to teacher, go to department head, go to dean of the division, go to dean of school, or however the chain goes. If you're still not happy, then you might be able to undergo an academic review which is kind of like a court case where you present your side and why you deserve consideration. Schools do this to show that they try and be fair, so an academic review is the last resort. Worst case, they can all say no. Best case is that they might MIGHT advise the teacher to pass you but only if you have a good track record of classes, attendance in that class and attempted extra credit (if it exists).

I personally don't think the lawsuit thing would work unless you have been graded unfairly or some sort of inequality exists otherwise.

Offer to give her the 69 back!

AND we need naked pics of the teach...

j/k dude, good luck, talk to her in person, and beg like hell!

Re: Re: Im screwed sooo screwed!!!!!

prophet said:

WTF? is this what the world is coming to? why not sue the school if you don't get straight A's in every class. say you need them to get into med school....no one will ever flunk college anymore, no matter how dumb they are....then you will have dumb asses getting everyone's jobs.....man i love the way the world is going......if it doesn't go the way you want, you kill someone or sue someone...why don't you just try harder next time around....maybe you deserve the grade she gave you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom