Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need help from personal trainers

mooose24

My name is dan, I am 23 years old. I was hired 2 years ago by a very small manufacturing company that was looking to start marketing their own products. Because of my education they immediately put me in charge of this new idea- and I have been working ever since to develop it- and now its finally ready. The product is awesome- Its called YOUR WHEY it is pure whey protein isolate unflavored- no fat, sugar or carbs- and it really is tasteless so you can add it to anything.
Our problem is that we cant pump millions into advertising like most companies- but this company has been manufacturing whey as an ingredient for 25 years- just never had the ability to design their own consumer good. But they know all the manufacturing tricks and make a superior product.
I need help getting the name out there- and we have limited funds. Our best bet right now is word of mouth advertising- and we are offering very low prices to trainers who act as distributors and sell to their clients and friends. I cant list the prices here- but I guarantee you will be pleased. You can make a lot of money- so we both win. We also have free samples available so you can at least give it a chance. It really is a great product- Id really appreciate if you could just check it out- www.yourwhey.com thanks guys- hope to hear from you.

I apologize for the inconvenience- it will be corrected as soon as possible. For now, anyone else who is would like to see the info please email me @ [email protected] and i will gladly send it over to you right away. Thanks again.

Dan- a few comments after looking over your site. Besides a nutritional value/ingredient list, I didn't anywhere that mentions how many servings are in a bottle or how many grams per serving.

Also, I question the recommended protein intake charts. Your charts give significantly lower values that do not correlate with fitness industry standards. Most fitness magazines recommend 1 gram per lb. of bodyweight for someone who works out regularly, and up to 1.5 grams per lb for serious bodybuilders. As a matter of fact, many fitness articles say that 1 gram per lb is used just to maintain, and you won't even grow from that, although the more conservative articles peg the "maintenance" protein requirement at .75 grams. I wonder where you got the info for your charts? Particularly questionable to me was the "maximum" protein chart that states that the maximum amount of protein a person can use per day is significantly less than what I noted above. Also, your site states that the maximum amount of protein a person can use in one serving is 30 grams or less, while most fitness publication articles would state that it is closer to 50 grams, but that is dependant on the person's weight as it is more a percentage. (ie: 30 grams might be correct for a woman or a slim male but not a 200 lb athlete). Even most of your competitor's whey proteins use a standard 2 scoops as a recommended serving, which typically equals 40-50 grams per serving. Also questionable to me was the statement that anything above that amount is wasted and useless, while the fitness articles I read usually concur that any excess amount is not wasted but rather used for energy rather than muscle-building. If you are targeting the fitness market with your product rather than the casual inactive consumer, I am curious why the info you provide is so different from other fitness sources?

Raytrade-
Thank you for your feedback- I appreciate your help.
our product was designed to allow the consumer to come up with their own serving sizes- the only reason we came up with servings was for the purpose of establishing nutritional values. We originally wanted to just give the nutritional info for one tablespoon but we though people would glance at it quickly and would think that our protein levels were too low. But based the values on our current lable- there are 38 servings each containing about 21 grams of protein. 3 tablespoons = 1 serving.
The chart that I gathered regarding the appropriate amount of protein per lb of body weight and activity level was gathered from the whey protein institute. Our company has been working directly with suppliers, nutritionists and scientists that specialize in proteins for over 20 years and any other information came directly from them. There are many different opinions about the amounts of protein to take- much of that comes from "false" marketing by large protein companys. For years, they have used higher amounts of protein per serving as a competitive edge. They all try to take advantage of the consumers lack of knowledge- which has caused both users and suppliers to have many misconceptions about the proper usage of protein. This is a common occurance in the supplement industry. The average consumer is uneducated and will believe anything they are told. Most of the large companies are also marketing companies- not manufacturers. They come up with an idea for a product and they hire people to create it for them. Our company is both a manufacturer and a supplier of the finished good. Most of our employees, including myself, are also users.
I dont mean to sound negative- If I do, Im sorry- I really do appreciate any feedback that I get- both negative and positive- so please keep it coming. The nutrition facts/serving sizes will be up hopefully by the end of the week. Thanks again.

raytrade-

One more thing- our target is not necessarily just the fitness indutsry. Although it is a large portion of our target market- our product is also aimed at people concerned with healthy living. Protein should not only be consumed by people that work out. Many people don't eat enough protein on a regular basis- including children, teens, elderly people, and obviously vegetarians. There are many forms of protein available for these people- but whey is the leanest form, and in our opinion, the best. This was another factor that had an impact on our serving sizes and website info.

Dan:
I'll take a look at your products and get back to you. I disagree fully with most of the articles about how much protein should be ingested. Proper comparisons will be made in similar units, such as grams to kg, not to lbs. And in fact, excess protein is either removed from the body or stored.
I'll be in touch.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help. keep in mind, the amounts that we mention in our site are only suggestions- The great thing about the product is that you can set your own serving sizes- its all protein! So you wont be increasing any else as you add more. One guy even told me he puts Your Whey into his premixed protein shake because it doesnt provide enough protein per serving. To each his own I guess! but dont let the info stop you from trying the product- I promise you you will very impressed when you try this- everyone else is. Just put in a request for a sample on the site- its all free- even shipping. Its worth a shot, right?

one more thing- when you say excess protein is removed from the body- isnt that the same thing we are saying? We claim it is wasted- if your body doesnt use it and it is "removed" as you said- then isnt it a waste of protein?

Top Bottom