Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Hall of Shame - Bookies Gone Bad

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
We'll make this a sticky called "The Hall of Shame" for Bookies who refuse to settle their bets - keeping members from getting paid - and for Bookies whose Karma goes into negative territory when they settle bets.

george a lot of questions need to be answered and i cant make a post in here so ill just post in this thread.

1. is there no juice involved in the betting for the bookie? if there is no juice what is going to stop me from betting both sides if its a no lose situation betting wise i.e. ( one side is even money 1-1, the other side is 2-1.) there needs to be juice for the bookie imo. the standard is 10% (bet 11 to win 10)

2. how is the bet transferred? through the karma store or some other way? if its transferred through the k store you (ef) always take a chunk of it, up to 30% from non members. lets say it is transferred through the k store, if i win 1000k and the plat member donates 1000 your store will take 100 and i will only get 900 of it. if i were to lose and donated 1000 your store would take 300 and the bookie would only get 700. transfers through the store are not fair imo.

3. what are you doing about members not being able to cover their bets? i have already seen one guy bet 800 when he only has 150 total k points (imo this is scum trying to do that and he should dealt with swifty and the punishment so severe that his own children wont recognize him).
Also swole (a bookie) has bets out there that he cannot cover in the fb draft, IF the 15-1 payout comes through against him, now i know hes NOT trying to cheat the system, but there is already over 2000 k pts bet on the 15-1 bet and if it comes through he has to come up with 30000k pts plus, and he only has around 10000 now.

4. is there a limit on how much you can bet?

hamstershaver said:
3. what are you doing about members not being able to cover their bets? i have already seen one guy bet 800 when he only has 150 total k points (imo this is scum trying to do that and he should dealt with swifty and the punishment so severe that his own children wont recognize him).
Also swole (a bookie) has bets out there that he cannot cover in the fb draft, IF the 15-1 payout comes through against him, now i know hes NOT trying to cheat the system, but there is already over 2000 k pts bet on the 15-1 bet and if it comes through he has to come up with 30000k pts plus, and he only has around 10000 now.

Hammy

If the 15:1 bet comes through, I would without a doubt purchase the $100 in Karma points to cover my ass. The actual odds the 49ers will draft someone not listed on that bet is probably more like 10000:1.

I think the person who wagered more K than they have will be in red for a long time.

s w o l e said:
Hammy

If the 15:1 bet comes through, I would without a doubt purchase the $100 in Karma points to cover my ass. The actual odds the 49ers will draft someone not listed on that bet is probably more like 10000:1.

I think the person who wagered more K than they have will be in red for a long time.
like i said, i know you arent trying to cheat, but this is definately going to happen a lot when it comes to big odds being laid down, not many people have a lot of karma, and most will not be able to cover large odd bets

so let me get it straight...

if a bet is 1:1 ratio..
and somebody bets 1000 karma points and wins the bet..
what happens exactly??

hamstershaver said:
george a lot of questions need to be answered and i cant make a post in here so ill just post in this thread.

1. is there no juice involved in the betting for the bookie? if there is no juice what is going to stop me from betting both sides if its a no lose situation betting wise i.e. ( one side is even money 1-1, the other side is 2-1.) there needs to be juice for the bookie imo. the standard is 10% (bet 11 to win 10)

2. how is the bet transferred? through the karma store or some other way? if its transferred through the k store you (ef) always take a chunk of it, up to 30% from non members. lets say it is transferred through the k store, if i win 1000k and the plat member donates 1000 your store will take 100 and i will only get 900 of it. if i were to lose and donated 1000 your store would take 300 and the bookie would only get 700. transfers through the store are not fair imo.

4. is there a limit on how much you can bet?

1. Right now, you can only bet one side and the bookie's only incentive is that he keeps the losers' karma. Should we do things differently?

2. The transfers go from the bettor to the bookie at the time the bets are placed. The bets are paid when the bookie (or a mod) settled the event. Then the Karma is paid out of the bookie's account. If you become a Platinum Member, the transfers that you make in the Karma Store are much cheaper. Plus, you can be a bookie too!

3. You are not supposed to be able to bet more Karma than you have. If you accept bets for more karma than you have and lose your karma goes negative. We will probably ask Plats to buy Karma to bring their negative accounts positive.

4. Right now, there is a 1000 karma limit, but we are going to rework this so that the limit is set by the bookie.

Top Bottom