x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for Saleunclez.rueudomestic

Anabolic Food

1. desmond
    desmond
    fortunatesun:

How is the spinach kick going? Do you feel better with a better acid/base balance? How much spinach are you consuming? Funny enough I'm experimenting with a better acid/base balance diet myself based on this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast35.htm.

Basically, in order to improve it, I'm consuming no grains (sweet potato instead), lots of vegetables, and trying to salt food less (because of acidity of chlorine). coffee is replaced with green tea. I'm still eating meat, but reducing dairy to about 1/2 litre per day of milk. It is really only the reduction of dairy that irritates me. Funny enough, whey is the only basic protein (not strongly though).

Spinach does rank number 1 on the acid/base balance list - as it rates number 1 on many lists.

Note, raisins only stand out on the list because they are dehydrated. The list is based per 100 grams, so any dehydrated vegetable (providing potassium and magnesium salts are not lost in this process) would do very well.
  2. bigtravis
    bigtravis
    Hello all. I'm currently getting a gameplan together with a wide variety of foods on the menu. I have somebody putting it together for me and as soon as I get it I will post it.
  3. desmond
    desmond
    Fortunastesun:

note there are potential acidity buffers you can take as supplements: glutamine, beta alanine.

Even if this article is correct, its possible that a more acid diet simply increases protein requirements (becasue of greater protein degradation) than rather detracting from gains in LBM (pv you increase your protein intake to offset the degradation)
  4. SouthernLord
    SouthernLord
    Damn this has took of since i first posted.

I need to add something to the diet I posted today.

1 Jello sugar free chocolate pudding with "live active" probiotics and fiber added. This is my one cheat. Only 60 kcal, but 3g of fiber. Good stuff.
  5. iggy
    iggy
    bentoverrow - that is some serious eatin my brutha! good shit!

ironwings - c'mon i know you must know some tasty recipes!!!!

FS - spinach is boss. such a tasty green. worked for popeye, eh?

Des - I know you would LOVE this group bro. i expect you to be a big part of it!

SL - what flavor? lol

bigtravis - sounds good bro!

thandie - how much fish have you been eating pre-contest?

good first day guys! u rock!
  6. SouthernLord
    SouthernLord
    Yeah des knows his shit. I was hoping you sent him an invite.

That jello pudding is dark chocolate/chocolate.
    60 kcals
    1.5g fat
    16g cho (3g fiber and 7g sugar alcohol)

I guess it's not too bad of a cheat.
  7. iggy
    iggy
    lol SL. i talk to des on facebook daily. dude is a great friend. even keeps my fatass from cheating or messing up my diet
  8. fortunatesun
    fortunatesun
    Desmond, you're correct that supplementation would reduce the effects of acidity. You should add calcium to that list also. You can also use baking soda as a low cost alternative to glutamine. 2-5g will neutralize a protein shake.

protein loading, however, also increases the rate of secretion.

I've given the subject some thought lately because this condition increases in effect as you get older. My admittedly limited personal experience leads me to believe that making the basic lifestyle change in me diet is going to be more effective than supplementation. Then there's no need to fix what isn't broken. The article I have, called "Covering Nutritional Bases" by John Berardi is just a slightly longer version of the one you linked me to. He does make an interesting observation, though, which speaks to what I've been getting at:

Recently, Sebastian and colleagues compared the pre-agricultural diet of our ancestors to the modern North American diet.(8) After evaluating the two diets for what they call NEAP (net endogenous acid production) — essentially the same measure as the PRAL above — a -88mEq/day acid load characterized the pre-agricultural diet while the modern diet was characterized by a +48mEq/day acid load. What this means is that our ancestors evolved eating a diet that was very alkaline/basic and therefore very low acid. However, modern people are eating a diet that is high in acid, and therefore very different from what we evolved to eat. As a result, our modern diet is responsible for what the authors have called a "life-long, low grade pathogenically significant systemic acidosis."

Right now, I'm eating a grocery - store sized bundle a day. I'm not sure what that equates to in lbs./gr. As I've gotten older, I've had to make several changes for the better- reducing carbohydrates in general and getting them mostly from whole grain, fruits & veggies, sometimes yams. I eat far less red meat than I used to. Dairy is OK in the form of yogurt, cottage cheese etc. but 2 cups of milk is very aggreviating. As you could tell, I'm not one to weigh out portions and keep a log, but a little bit of thought and common sense goes a long way.
  9. fortunatesun
    fortunatesun
    yep iggy. Strong to the finish, bro.

I saw fiber a few posts down. That's the other thing I've added. I'm buying some off brand from the corner grocery store that has: Flax Seed, Wheat Bran, Cactus, Psyllium Husk, Senna Leaf, Apple, Grapefruit, Orange and Pineapple. By far the best product along these lines I've ever used.
  10. mommalu
    Just wanted to say thanks for the invite iggy!!
    I'm going to read a bit and will post up later.