Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do men "settle" for monogamy?

dr0832

I am 34 years old. I have a no interest in settling down, having a family, or having kids. I know their are other men like me but most eventually settle down and go against their nature. Why is this? How could a man want to only be with one women for the rest of his life? Is it just that men handcuff themselves through marriage in order to try tame themselves? If this is the case it's not a good reason because so many men cheat on their wives.

I really don't get it/ If I was to ever marry or have a relationship it would have to be an open one where we both can f*ck whoever, whenever. There is not way I could ever settle for one women no matter how hot she is.

Some ppl like stability and security and being in a monotonous relationship is supposed to bring that.

There's only stability and security for a women that earns less than a man. There's no security for a man, especially when the sex and bj's usually disappear.

I am 34 years old. I have a no interest in settling down, having a family, or having kids. I know their are other men like me but most eventually settle down and go against their nature. Why is this? How could a man want to only be with one women for the rest of his life? Is it just that men handcuff themselves through marriage in order to try tame themselves? If this is the case it's not a good reason because so many men cheat on their wives.

I really don't get it/ If I was to ever marry or have a relationship it would have to be an open one where we both can f*ck whoever, whenever. There is not way I could ever settle for one women no matter how hot she is.

I appreciate men like you are, you are at least honest with your intentions!

It's a question of history as much as societal rules. You're also looking at the physical and sexual nature over our mental nature. We also make choices based on where we are in life now.

By way of example I did the singular thing for a LONG time. One after another for a few years with one long term during that time. Then nothing for a few years - like nothing at all. Yet it did not bother me in the slightest at all. I don't think I even noticed.

Coming here to where I live now I went a little crazy and was, for want of a phrase, knee deep for a bit. Five in a week, two in a day (that same week). Multiple 'friends' and, for a while, no great issues. Then one BIG and really quite (for me) meaningful relationship. Back to multiples Now, for a while at least, singular again.

Like you I know I can switch on and off in terms of being adaptive relationship wise but for now I'm ok with it. Age and circumstances change how we think. Being on roids, as per this site, sets some 'free' (foolishly sometimes) as do other drugs (not my thing but others enjoy them).

If you look at mankind as a whole you'll see there were times when shagging anything was useful and it remains a part of us as animals as staying home with a wife - which is is our societal nature.

because they are more interested in the family aspect . society tells men they have to marry, have kids. the buddies I see are in their 40s or early 50s. all married but their wives aren't that interested in sex anymore. they are happy for any attention i give them.

It's a matter of lifestyle choice though. You can be a bachelor and be with any women you want for as long as you like. Settling for a monogamous relationship can provide you a chance of establishing a stable family.

because they are more interested in the family aspect . society tells men they have to marry, have kids. the buddies I see are in their 40s or early 50s. all married but their wives aren't that interested in sex anymore. they are happy for any attention i give them.

The age issue, l which touched on above, is one younger guys don't get. It's also nature. In primitive times we'd be dead so again not something we've really adapted to nature wise.

Top Bottom