Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tell me something about yourself. Non-sexual enlightenments, only.

Raina said:
Growing up I felt so a part of my dad's family (even though he's technically my step dad, my bio dad got killed in 83 and I got adopted in 88). I always wondered though if my cousins thought of me as being not a part of them on some level since I got brought into the mix around age 5.

I fretted about it until I was 21. Then I finally asked a few of them (there are 23 of us). Half of them didn't even know/remember that I wasn't always there. The rest didn't care. :)

family is good. you have people who care about you.

I had resigned myself to what my dr's had always said- that my back was just going to stay the way it was, that it wasn't going to get better. Then yoga changed it all and I'm out of pain and also have freakish back flexibility now. That's pretty damn nifty.

Raina said:
I had resigned myself to what my dr's had always said- that my back was just going to stay the way it was, that it wasn't going to get better. Then yoga changed it all and I'm out of pain and also have freakish back flexibility now. That's pretty damn nifty.

My bestest friend was diagnosed with a tumor in her spine when she was 10. Had surgery - docs told her she'd never walk again, and probably wouldn't live to the age of 20. She's walking now (with pain, but still walking) and she turned 30 last year. Every day I have her is a blessing.

jenscats5 said:
Finally thought of something:

I'm adopted and didn't find that out till I was in high school....

WOW.
did you suspect anything before then? hadn't you asked your mom about the day you were born or her pregnancy with you? are your siblings adopted also?

I'm sorry... this is probably personal. its fascinating though. :heart:

the-short-one said:
shocker. did you decide to find your biological mum?

Actually yes I did......found out why I'm adopted and about my biological half-sister......upset my adoptive mom terribly - she couldn't understand why I wanted to know.....didn't end up having a relationship with my bio mom (as I always felt my adoptive parents were my parents) and ended up losing track of her.....don't know where she lives now....

jenscats5 said:
Actually yes I did......found out why I'm adopted and about my biological half-sister......upset my adoptive mom terribly - she couldn't understand why I wanted to know.....didn't end up having a relationship with her and ended up losing track of her.....don't know where she lives now....

wow. what a sad loss for her- she missed out on having a great daughter.

stilleto said:
WOW.
did you suspect anything before then? hadn't you asked your mom about the day you were born or her pregnancy with you? are your siblings adopted also?

I'm sorry... this is probably personal. its fascinating though. :heart:

Oh yeah I suspected - cuz I looked NOTHING like them or their relatives AT ALL.....and asked questions that they had bizarre answers to....finally one of my dad's daughters from his first marriage told me on the phone I was adopted.....

I was an only child.....

Top Bottom