Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sex & Exercise - Counts as cardio?

andezzz999

Does sex count as cardio? If I put in 2-3 hours of sex can I forgo the stairmaster? I hate cardio, but I like the sex!:D

Theoretically. I mean, sex elevates the heart rate, and increases circulation - if that isn't aerobic, I don't know what is.

When I was at UCSD studying excercise physiology a couple of years ago, I remember reading that really vigorous sex burned about 600 calories per hour, or the equivalent of running 6 miles. The notion of how they arrived at that figure always made me laugh - did they hook up two people to calorie expenditure machines in a laboratory, and tell them to go at it?

"More thrusting, William, your heart rate is dropping!"

Ceeb's, you seem to be the most quilified to put this theory to the test. Your homework this weekend. Please report back on Monday with the results.

By the way is that you in your Avtar? It always brings a smile to my face to see it.

I think Ceebs hit the proverbial nail on the head. Sometimes, sex can be more of a cardio workout than your actual cardio would be! ;)

Walking to get food is cardio for me...

B True

I would be happy to take on this task in the name of science, however, I don't think we could preform an adequete study in just a weekend. We would need multiple trials, in multiple positions, with multiple lubricants, spanning weeks. Vitals would have to be recorded before and after each session, as well as length and intensity of the workload. Usually the workload ends up in my mouth, but for this study, we'd have to have hard evidence on paper.

If sex counts as cardio than I am off the hook at the gym tonight, I just got my 20 minutes in:p Damn, what "test" can do for you, she didn't know what hit her:horny:

DrBones said:
Hey Ceebs, Can I volunteer to participate in your experiment? :p

Sure, a sample size of more than two would provide more accurate results. Anyone else interested needs to do the following:

1. Get laid regularly. It has to be intercourse, there's not enough exertion in oral sex. (Feel free to indulge anyway, just don't count it towards the study.)
2. Don't change your diet or workout routine.
3. Make note of any weight changes, and/or improvements in aerobic capacity.

Top Bottom