Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Picking up" ladies at the gym

I am pretty focused in the gym. I don't talk to anybody when I am training, maybe a brief "Wassup" or a peace sign to acknowledge people that I know in the gym. I do talk to people before and after training though. Tough thing for me is that I can't smile unless I am laughing LOL. There have been many occuasions that I will look up and see a girl looking and me but I can't smile back because my forced smile is like Chandler's from the one episode of Friends, that would scare her more than impress her. How the hell am I supposed to hit on a chick that looks or smiles at me when I can't smile back. I always have the intense focused look on my face when I am working out. I was told by a friend that this one chick she knows says I look arrogant, even though I am very courteous to people in the gym.

Techbaseball said:
I'm one of the those guys that hits the gym to workout... not to socialize. I get to gym... put my headphones on.. and get to work.

There are many fine ladies at my gym. I do notice that they get approached a lot by various men.

To the ladies..... do you enjoy when men strike up a conversations during your workout? Would you prefer to be left alone?

To the guys.....is the gym an appropriate place to meet a potential date?

My last long term relationship was with the front desk girl from my gym... hehe.... so I guess it can happen, but my question was more geared toward that hot chick doing lunges that every guy is staring at.

--Techbaseball

- I don't like it, and chances are if man strike up a conversation when he knows fully well that I have my headphones on -- makes me so angry to know that I had sorta stop my routine because of him......... GRRR especially when I'm on the spinner.. !!!!

I will let you know what happens today. My story is:

Been going to a gym/health club for almost a year now. For the most part I am very very focused on working out (i do a ton of weight training, cycling and running while I'm there. My workouts sometimes last over 3 hours). However, there is this girl that has really caught my eye. She is very very cute and I can't keep my eyes off of her. She's a very intense athlete and she really runs and stairmasters hard. That being said, today I am going to:

Go up to her, say hello and tell her my name and then say I don't want to interrupt you I just wanted to give you this.

The paper will say "my number is 555-2223, call me text me whatever, but let's talk."

This is the first time I am ever doing something like this but I will let you know how it works.

Hard-Bitten said:
- I don't like it, and chances are if man strike up a conversation when he knows fully well that I have my headphones on -- makes me so angry to know that I had sorta stop my routine because of him......... GRRR especially when I'm on the spinner.. !!!!

i notice that girls are really expecting to get hit on all the time. for example the other day i was in the freeweight room in our gym and i went to the regular area to get a drink of water. so i did and as i was walking back to the other room where i was at before i was walking behind a girl who was going in the same direction as me. i dont know if she thought i was following her or what, but it was funny...she was doing curls with the 15s and i was just chillin until she put them down so i could do a set of side laterals, and as soon as i pick them up do do my set she runs out of the room. i walk back up after my set to get a drink and i notice her standing iun front of the other dumbell rack in the other roo mdoing the same exercise with the same weights, she just was trying to avoid me for no apparent purpose. girls are strange.

Razorguns said:
If she's fat. She'll love all the attention she'll get. Don't be a douche that starts making geigh talk to the hottest chick in the club. Not only will every guy be staring at you to see how you are doing (hoping you'll fail) -- but you're gonna annoy this chick who has to deal with this hitting-on shit all day.

For this reason is why there's "women's only" gyms.

I have to disagree... The hottest chick in the gym is the best target. Most guys will avoid this chick, running away and pissing down their leg the moment she even glances at them. Just go up to her, introduce yourself and say "Hey, listen if I was staring at you earlier I apologize but it always impresses me when I see somebody that takes such great care of theirselves... blah blah blah - etc

I've been TD'd by more fat chicks in the gym then hot chicks when I approached them - I promise you that. Most fat chicks get a lot of guys hitting on them and - believe it or not - wind up quite choosy vs grateful.

Top Bottom