Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Picking up" ladies at the gym

Maybe... but I think its more likely to be boyfriend instead of bestfriend.
I messaged her back saying - 'No probs. You've got my number if you want to hook up.'
I guess we just wait and see...
I just can't understand why the shift. I didn't speak or see her from the time she offered me her number to the time when I messaged her. I could understand if it was a nightclub situation, but it was saturday lunchtime at the gym... its not like either of us was drunk and unsure of what was happening.

it might be boyfriend...

she might just not be too interested in her boyfriend and she is more interested in u brotha...thus she gave u her #. Id def. persue her..talk to her over coffee..get to know her...ask her how things r goin with her bf...n whatknot..if she unravels that things r going downhill with him (which i bet they are), then u understand now why she gave u her #...she wants another man...

King Nothing said:
Well guys and gals, this happened to me this week:
Saw a girl at the gym on Saturday who is cute and new to the gym. She has only been there a couple of times when I have seen her.
We make occassional eye contact and say hello at the water cooler.
I get changed and leave and she is right behind me. Once outside, I strike up the conversation. We walk to our cars having gereral chit-chat.
Once we are about to part ways, I ask if she has her phone and I will give her my number. She says she doesn't have her phone but will give me her number instead.
I get the number and go home. This all happened Saturday morning.
Sunday evening I message her for coffee on Wednesday evening. I get a response back around 4 hours later saying: 'Hey I can't I've got my bf's sisters 21st! HERNAME'
I mean, what the fuck? Why give a guy from the gym your number if you have a boyfriend? Funny thing is, she seemed like a really down to earth sincere person.
Fucked if I know what women are thinking.

im no expert, but it seems like u maybe did 2 things wrong...one is u tried getting in contact with her too fast..the next day, when u shouldve waited at least a few days so as not to look desperate, and u asked her out over a text message. girls ive talked to get mad when guys ask them out over a text and see it as the guy doesnt have the balls to call them...but i could be wrong..sometimes its hard to know what theyre thinkin.

bigtasty25 said:
it might be boyfriend...

she might just not be too interested in her boyfriend and she is more interested in u brotha...thus she gave u her #. Id def. persue her..talk to her over coffee..get to know her...ask her how things r goin with her bf...n whatknot..if she unravels that things r going downhill with him (which i bet they are), then u understand now why she gave u her #...she wants another man...
More or less the sitiuation... She knows u didnt ask for her number to be good buds.

Hooking up in the gym is risky. What if you do hookup, and it doesnt work - its likely not to be some mind blowing profound soul mate experience. Its so fucking akward when you are there to workout and a girl shows up that you banged and goes "why didnt u call me???". Do you all of a sudden have to start training with them if you do start something? Who gets gym rights after the break up? What if she shuts you down, its gonna be akward. Seriously, if you can avoid it, avoid it, or atleast think it through thoroughly.

Of course now and then its unavoidable and much appreciated :chomp: :chomp: :p :p

Naeem said:
Hooking up in the gym is risky. What if you do hookup, and it doesnt work - its likely not to be some mind blowing profound soul mate experience. Its so fucking akward when you are there to workout and a girl shows up that you banged and goes "why didnt u call me???". Do you all of a sudden have to start training with them if you do start something? Who gets gym rights after the break up? What if she shuts you down, its gonna be akward. Seriously, if you can avoid it, avoid it, or atleast think it through thoroughly.

Of course now and then its unavoidable and much appreciated :chomp: :chomp: :p :p

All that is way too much to consider when thinking about approaching a woman. Sure, its natural to feel some sort of anxiety to approach a girl in certain situations. But thinking too far ahead like this will just screw with your mind. And you will end up losing the courage to approach her in the first place. Your shooting yourself in the foot before you even get the chance to go hunting. Life is too short to see things like that. If the hook-up does go into the shitter, worry about it when it does. Be optimistic, instead of feeling like, "what if...?". Don't dwell on what MIGHT happen. It hasn't even happened yet!

Everyone knows at least one guy that is REALLY good with women. Ask this guy if HE worries about stuff like this. Chances are, he doesn't. Why? Because if it does come to this, he knows he has the confidence to handle it.

And if you do get shut down, big deal. Guys have way too much anxiety about this, when in reality its no big deal. It can even be humorous. One thing you and your buddies can always have a good laugh about is when you, or one of them, got shot down in flames at a party, bar, or wherever. It can make for good stories when a buddy needs cheering up.

I meant in general really, I am great with the women, always have too much on my plate when it comes to them. Just I always avoid the gym because of the stuff I posted. I go to the gym to workout, not to pick up girls.

I feel that theres a time and place for it, bars, group settings, wherever, just not the gym. You go there everyday to train and be focused. Its your watering hole, dont piss in it, you'll regret it later

I gotta be honest... i HATE guys that hit on chicks at the gym... I just think its so tacky and I know personally, im at the gym so that OUTSIDE of the gym i can have more success :)

However... In college there was this ONE girl that i had seen in the gym so many times and I just thought she was the hottest fucking thing on earth... great body, huge tits, nice ass nice legs... one day (of course on cycle at the time so i felt like the fucking man) I had just done a heavy ass set of inc db's and saw the girl abotu to head out and was like, damn i gotta go talk to this girl... so i ran up to her and started talking... got her number.. blah blah

well about 48 hours later, she was bent over a desk in my dorm room with her thong on asking me to fuck her lol

good times!

haha i think im just against guys picking up girls in the gym because most guys have the body to flex and show off in front of them and generate attraction whereas i dont.

IF the girl notices you she most likely will make it known..yes I hit on girls there, and yes I actually lift heavy and work out...I'll catch them with eye contact or a quick smile, then that is a start and go from there....if they're not interested they wont make the eye contact and the fake smile will come out...

Its not a bad place to meet people , just dont seem like a creep and keep it cool until you can read her better...

Top Bottom