Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I just totally got cock blocked

Sassy69 said:
Ever check any IEEE "full moon parties"?? My physics group had some pretty hardcore parties (I guess for physics majors that's a relative thing...) but the IEEE full moon parties at ASU were off the hook. When the full moon was up, the physics group would go up on the roof of the physics bldg & set up the Celestrons & get photos of the full moon. The engineers go out in the desert and burn stuff.

i always find engineer comments funny. my dad is an electrical engineer, so that's probably why.

when i introduced my dad to my gf's step-father, i joked with them a little and said, "civil engineer, meet electrical engineer. you two should get along." my dad said, "ah, you're a civil engineer. you guys build it, we help blow it up."

dumbass didn't get it, but my gf's stepfather isn't very bright nor is he very sociable if you aren't a snobby ass yuppie like him. my dad later commented to me that some Civil Engineers, like my gf's stepfather, are idiots and no amount of college will give them the common sense that's required to be a civil engineer.

FEISTY11975 said:
Yep, I've been there a couple times... LOL You mean I can't get there from I-10. I thought I could go anywhere from there. ;)

I-10 all the way. If i were you, however, i'd find my way to I-20 and take that out to west Texas and then get on I-10. I-10 through texas is the most boring desolate ride you'll ever experience. at least if you take I-20 out to the western side of the state you'll pass by towns every 20-30 miles, giving you more opportunities to stop if you need to get something to eat or need gas or whatever. if you take I-10, the towns are 75-100 miles apart. really sucks if you want to grab something to eat.

crak600 said:
i always find engineer comments funny. my dad is an electrical engineer, so that's probably why.

when i introduced my dad to my gf's step-father, i joked with them a little and said, "civil engineer, meet electrical engineer. you two should get along." my dad said, "ah, you're a civil engineer. you guys build it, we help blow it up."

dumbass didn't get it, but my gf's stepfather isn't very bright nor is he very sociable if you aren't a snobby ass yuppie like him. my dad later commented to me that some Civil Engineers, like my gf's stepfather, are idiots and no amount of college will give them the common sense that's required to be a civil engineer.

I-10 all the way. If i were you, however, i'd find my way to I-20 and take that out to west Texas and then get on I-10. I-10 through texas is the most boring desolate ride you'll ever experience. at least if you take I-20 out to the western side of the state you'll pass by towns every 20-30 miles, giving you more opportunities to stop if you need to get something to eat or need gas or whatever. if you take I-10, the towns are 75-100 miles apart. really sucks if you want to grab something to eat.

Thanks for the advice :)

Physics guys always rip on the engg's. They try to rip on us, but fail miserably.

We all rip on the math guys, though. It's almost too easy.

:cow:

FEISTY11975 said:
Thanks for the advice :)

advice!

haha

Mechanical engineers build missles, civil engineers build targets. EE's are important - and I think behind chemical engineering its one of the hardesst degrees that exists - worse than physics imo.

UA_Iron said:
advice!

haha

Mechanical engineers build missles, civil engineers build targets. EE's are important - and I think behind chemical engineering its one of the hardesst degrees that exists - worse than physics imo.

Maybe I should have said Thanks for the driving directions!!! That's what I meant when I said thanks!!

samoth said:
ChemE pays the best.

not saying chemical engineering isnt interesting - in fact I rocked in chemistry, but no thanks. I like machines and big scale projects.

If I were smart, I woulda went with a chemE major... lol.

I think the doubleE's are the biggest geeks out of all engg's. If not geek, then 'wierd'.

samoth said:
If I were smart, I woulda went with a chemE major... lol.

I think the doubleE's are the biggest geeks out of all engg's. If not geek, then 'wierd'.

double E's = Electrical Engineers?

my dad isn't weird, and i've met a lot of people he's worked with over the years and they've all been pretty normal if you ask me.

my dad always liked to do electrical stuff on his own though. he wired the addition to his first house because he wanted to save some money and he knew how he wanted it done (light switches in certain places, outlets, etc). the building inspector said it was one of the best wiring jobs he had seen in a long time, above and beyond the building code.

when i was 6 or 7, he made my halloween costume. he made a computer out of some cardboard boxes, sprayed it silver, attached a cardboard keyboard, and around the screen he had red LEDs running off of a 9V battery. my head came out of the top and my arms were out the sides, the bottom was open. was the coolest halloween costume i have ever seen.

waaaaaay back in the early 80s we got a Texas Instruments "computer." it was one of those all in one deals and had tape cartridges. your TV was your moniter. my dad made us a controller for one of the games, i think it was centepede. all you had to do was go left and right and shoot at stuff. he made a metal box that was 6x4x2", painted it red, and put 3 buttons on it (L, R, and Fire). he said he drew up the circuit board and passed it off to a technician to make, then he wired it all up and put it in the box. it was just cool that he liked doing stuff like that.

I think you missed the point. We just make fun of engg's. There's no real reason.

All the doubleE guys I've known have been 'odd'. Like my broly in my avatard. He's a doubleE guy, and doesn't quite fit into normal society. Therefore, all doubleE people are weird and/or geeks. QED.

Top Bottom