Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

Gay pride "parades" began as marches of solidarity. Flex may not have been around when it was literally illegal in America for gay people to assemble openly. Those "parades" were acts of civil disobedience. I am guessing he has never been hauled to jail for being open about who he is.

In recent years the gay pride events have become parties. But they certainly aren't just patronized by men in dresses or prosmiscuous types. Indeed, nearly everyone criticizes them now because they are so fucking mainstream. At the event here last month, you could get a gay credit card, meet a gay veterinarian, and register with the Republican party.

no sorry I am 40 and have been around. Its folks inwearing female clothes, dressed as nuns, dykes on bikes and yes even muscle guys but none the less you want respect and this is what main stream tv shows. No I have never been bashed but than again I am a person and act like a person. You have to admit some gays like to push being gay down folks throats. Stone wall was a few guys trying to get rights. Know what I don't need any special rights and don't beleive and individual need them either. Thats my beleif. If your white, black, asian or whatever you are a person and deserve to be treated like one. i stay far away from people who misrepresent who I am in the everyday life. thats just my opinion and like you I am gay just see things different which is fine as well.

flexed1 said:
Those of you who know me know I am gay. That said I guess I would be called a homophobe. Reason is simple any gays whom walk around like girls, act like girls, and who walk around and let others think thta all gays are like this I stay clear away from and even make fun of.

I am 100% man the only difference is i prefer to sleep with a man. My other half like me avoids parades ( why do we need a fucking parade) flags, and flaunting. People respect me for being a person and when they get to know me for being a cool gay guy they can joke with.

Yes, I am a homephobe as I don't want what others see on television to represent me. Its maybe about time thta folks like me who have normal relationships and beleive in equal rights for everyone and who offer a different view of gays steps foward so that most folks don't think gays just wear dresses and spread aids. I am monagamus and happy being so and I also voted proudly for Bush.

How could any homophobe argue with this logic?

flexed1 said:
no sorry I am 40 and have been around. Its folks inwearing female clothes, dressed as nuns, dykes on bikes and yes even muscle guys but none the less you want respect and this is what main stream tv shows. No I have never been bashed but than again I am a person and act like a person. You have to admit some gays like to push being gay down folks throats. Stone wall was a few guys trying to get rights. Know what I don't need any special rights and don't beleive and individual need them either. Thats my beleif. If your white, black, asian or whatever you are a person and deserve to be treated like one. i stay far away from people who misrepresent who I am in the everyday life. thats just my opinion and like you I am gay just see things different which is fine as well.

This is the kind of Gay logic that I would stand up for.

Speaking of the recent gay parade in Atlanta. I was sitting at Willies eating a burrito the day before the parade or party and I overheard two guys (about my age 28) talking about how exciting it would be.. the one guy told the other that there would be nude boys there.. he went on to say that the boys he was talking about were between 12 and 14!!! Needless to say I showed my distaste.. I almost threw up. I was actually weighing the options of a assault charge.

flexed1 said:

Those same kinds of images are present at Mardi Gras and they don't "represent" all heterosexuals either. GAy people should be able to be everything they are -- from the pedestrian to the outrageous -- without someone telling them they have an obligation to represent the entire population of gay people.

Not so long ago, Flex, if you'd showed up at a hospital and said you were homosexual, you could have been shipped off to an asylum after they patched you up. I hardly think the extension of ordinary respect and the decriminalization of sodomy amounts to the conferral of special rights.

You are free to be who you want, but the same freedom should be accorded to dykes on bikes, the sisters of perpetual mercy and whoever else. If you feel those people are trying to represent you, you can show up and represent yoiurself!

musclebrains said:

GAy people should be able to be everything they are -- from the pedestrian to the outrageous -- without someone telling them they have an obligation to represent the entire population of gay people.

What about the NAMBLA members?????

muscle you appear to be very one sided on the issue at hand. Why is it that you feel that its okay for gays to be out and be who they want to be so that everyone on earth thinks this is how we act?

Sorry if I went into a hospital which I have many times I get the same service any other person should get. However if I went into a hospital in drag or as a nun it would cause attention to myself and thanks exactly why I have no problems nor do people have problems with me. I do not cause attention to myself and am very secure with who I am and beleive it or not its people like me who make others think that not all gays are as you describe expressing themsleves.

YES, people are free to express themselves but at the same time you are trying to get others to not be homophobe and this is the exact reason they are. I guess we are two different breeds and that trust me is fine as everyone is different. And by the way 90% of my friends are straight.

flexed1 said:
Those of you who know me know I am gay. That said I guess I would be called a homophobe. Reason is simple any gays whom walk around like girls, act like girls, and who walk around and let others think thta all gays are like this I stay clear away from and even make fun of.

I am 100% man the only difference is i prefer to sleep with a man. My other half like me avoids parades ( why do we need a fucking parade) flags, and flaunting. People respect me for being a person and when they get to know me for being a cool gay guy they can joke with.

Yes, I am a homephobe as I don't want what others see on television to represent me. Its maybe about time thta folks like me who have normal relationships and beleive in equal rights for everyone and who offer a different view of gays steps foward so that most folks don't think gays just wear dresses and spread aids. I am monagamus and happy being so and I also voted proudly for Bush.

:beer: impressive

flexed1 said:

You just gave me a newfound respect for gays like you, I generaly don't like gays(for the reasons that you state above),but I would have no problem hanging out with a guy like you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom