Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

dballer said:
Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

That sounds like one of those gay hating Christian Fundamentalist bibles. My Grandfather was a clergymen and none of his bibles are written like that.

my problem is not with people who love god and love the bible, it's when they use it as a basis to say that "homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the bible."

Then when you go into detail, you find out that christ didn't say those words, it was other people who supposedly talked to God. How the heck do we know that they really talked to God? People through out history have been burned alive for saying they've talked to God. Joan of Ark, talked to God, but nobody beleived her. David Koresh, he said he talked to God. And everyone thought he was crazy, and he got burned alive.

It's okay for people in the early days to have been getting messages from God, but now in the present day it's just crazy talk. Say some gay preacher said he recieved Gods word that said God loves everyone including gays. Boy would he never hear the end of it.

SmegmaSoldier said:
i dont like when people are classified as homophobes just because they hate gays. im not afraid of them i just hate them.

who cares what they think about me? its not like any of them could do anything about it!!

Unless you commit a hate crime, of course. Or dared to express your hatred in public around gay people, where your ass could be well beaten.

Homophobia may not be the best word to describe the treatment of gay people that is analogous to racism. But it's silly, in the absence of another word, to make it a semantic issue.

dballer said:
"God’s Word offers the opportunity for redemption, forgiveness, and grace along with the pronouncement of judgement. God’s agenda is clear: to seek out sinners, and offer them the free gift of salvation by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ.

Does God hate homosexuality? Yes, He absolutely does.

Does God hate people who practice homosexuality? NO, HE ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT.

God loves homosexuals, and invites them to come to Him, to allow Him to wash, sanctify, and justify them, and to let Him heal them of the deep wounds in their hearts that cause them to be pulled toward homosexuality.

If you are a homosexual, let me make this clear: There are many in your ranks that want you to believe that "God made you that way." That is really a sophisticated form of denial -- with the hope that, if you say it enough, it will overpower your inner sense that the lifestyle is unnatural and wrong. If, for just one moment, you will take the bold step away from that denial, and listen to your heart, you’ll realize that "God made you that way" is a lie. "

How does the person who invented this know any of this? How do they know what God's word is. Does God speak to them personally? Isn't it blasphemous to go around speaking for God? Isn't that megalomaniacal?

SmegmaSoldier said:

hahahahaa gays beating my ass!!! i would crush them like little bugs!!!!

its not silly to make it a semantic issue. the word homophobia leads people to believe that the person is afraid of gays. thats bullshit. i just dont like them.

Do you think you could squash me like a bug? Considering my size and the fact that I have won many a boxing trophy I don't think i'd be as easy as a bug is to squash.

You discuss semantics yet you don't realise that the term homophobia isn't primarily a reference to "fear" of gays but to "hatred" of them.

Those of you who know me know I am gay. That said I guess I would be called a homophobe. Reason is simple any gays whom walk around like girls, act like girls, and who walk around and let others think thta all gays are like this I stay clear away from and even make fun of.

I am 100% man the only difference is i prefer to sleep with a man. My other half like me avoids parades ( why do we need a fucking parade) flags, and flaunting. People respect me for being a person and when they get to know me for being a cool gay guy they can joke with.

Yes, I am a homephobe as I don't want what others see on television to represent me. Its maybe about time thta folks like me who have normal relationships and beleive in equal rights for everyone and who offer a different view of gays steps foward so that most folks don't think gays just wear dresses and spread aids. I am monagamus and happy being so and I also voted proudly for Bush.

The Nature Boy said:
my problem is not with people who love god and love the bible, it's when they use it as a basis to say that "homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the bible."

Then when you go into detail, you find out that christ didn't say those words, it was other people who supposedly talked to God. How the heck do we know that they really talked to God? People through out history have been burned alive for saying they've talked to God. Joan of Ark, talked to God, but nobody beleived her. David Koresh, he said he talked to God. And everyone thought he was crazy, and he got burned alive.

It's okay for people in the early days to have been getting messages from God, but now in the present day it's just crazy talk. Say some gay preacher said he recieved Gods word that said God loves everyone including gays. Boy would he never hear the end of it.

Honestly, I think the religious argument can't be won. Christianity is dying in America, probably in large part because of its corruption and intolerance. Worldwide, the numbers who go to church are declining too. We are left with fundamentalist loonies, dogmatists, who are waging holy wars all over the planet. Osama bin Laden meet the Teletubbies.

Jesus had very radical ideas -- a revolution, a social and personal one, based on the universality of love. (The main NT proscriptions pertinent to "homosexuality" are actually a mistranslated effort to overthrow the power-based intergenerational sexual relations of the Greco-Roman world. ) Those scapegoated for wanting to be who they are in conflict with the dominant culture are always crucified and lynched -- whether by Romans or Klansmen or Nazis or homophobic rednecks like those who crucified Mat Shepard.

What homophobic fools and their cousins, the real cowards, don't realize is exactly what Jesus taught -- that to be who you are , to risk love at the cost of your life, is gratifying if not actually ennobling. One would like to think Jesus' teaching would survive the culture-bound prejudices of theocrats, but thinking people are abandoning the church and it will likely implode under the dogmatic weight of fundamentalists who are more interested in limiting the definition of love than expanding it in the radical tradition of their church's founder.

SmegmaSoldier said:

hahahahaa gays beating my ass!!! i would crush them like little bugs!!!!

its not silly to make it a semantic issue. the word homophobia leads people to believe that the person is afraid of gays. thats bullshit. i just dont like them.

And why would six queers not be able to beat youthe smegma out of you?

Homophobia in its vernacular usage does refer to contempt for homosexuals. We've had this discussion before. Look up the meaning of "phobia."

flexed1 said:
Those of you who know me know I am gay. That said I guess I would be called a homophobe. Reason is simple any gays whom walk around like girls, act like girls, and who walk around and let others think thta all gays are like this I stay clear away from and even make fun of.

I am 100% man the only difference is i prefer to sleep with a man. My other half like me avoids parades ( why do we need a fucking parade) flags, and flaunting. People respect me for being a person and when they get to know me for being a cool gay guy they can joke with.

Yes, I am a homephobe as I don't want what others see on television to represent me. Its maybe about time thta folks like me who have normal relationships and beleive in equal rights for everyone and who offer a different view of gays steps foward so that most folks don't think gays just wear dresses and spread aids. I am monagamus and happy being so and I also voted proudly for Bush.

I dont hate you because you are gay, I hate you because you voted for bush! ;)

Actually I agree. I hate gays who flaunt it around acting all proud of it. I hate anyone that does that about anything. Blacks, Gays, Jews, Cristians, even Racist like the KKK. I say fuck all of them, we are all people, why do you need to flaunt your special little differences to everyone? I just lose so much respect for someone who does that.

Top Bottom