Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

I think dballer is mistaken about Job but it is in Roman 1:26-27 and in 1st Timothy 1:10. It is in several places in the old testament.

dballer said:

Yeah.. true. I forgot about those pacific islands. They base alot of culture on sex.

If you have ever read the Bible.. you would see how crazy it would be to say that it does not condemn homosexuals. There are whole chapters talking about how God will annihilate them.

So you are saying that those "whole chapters" are the unadulterated words spoken by jesus and the saints?

and this one too....
1 Corinthians 6:11 "Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

those are some. But if you wish me to type in the whole thing I will. It will just take alot of time.

HansNZ said:

So you are saying that those "whole chapters" are the unadulterated words spoken by jesus and the saints?

Hanz... the Bible was written by profits whom had religious experiences during the time Christ was born. You MIGHT be able to use the "mixed up words" line if the message was not in soo many parts of the Bible.

dballer said:
and this one too....
1 Corinthians 6:11 "Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

those are some. But if you wish me to type in the whole thing I will. It will just take alot of time.

Well there are religious texts from all sorts of religions with ideas in conflict with Christianity. Does that make them right and Christianity wrong?

In any case, the passages you cite have been interpreted, translated, re-interpreted, edited, re-translated, etc, etc. many times before they found their way onto your book shelf.

curling said:
We all know how homophobes feel about homosexuals so homosexuals what do ya'll think about homophobes? Does it bother ya'll that homophobes don't like ya'll's lifestyle or do you care?

There is an obvious difference between disapproving of someone's way of loving and feeling entitled to discriminate against them on that basis.

From my own perspective, homophobic people, as well as racists and sexists, suffer utlimately more than the objects of their contempt. It takes a lot to maintain your personal apartheid of cruelty and moral superiority.

I was lucky to go to South Africa and watch the Truth and Reconciliation hearings for a week. The experience of watching people confess the inhumanly cruel ways they treated other people and seeing how they were changed by coming face to face with the people whose lives they tried to control and ruin taught me in no uncertain terms that the hater, in his way, suffers more than the hated.

Gay people only want want thing: The freedom to love without discrimination. You can nitpick this to death with your religiosity and moralisms. You can sexualize it or desexualize it. But that's what it comes down to and to deny people love among themselves because YOU don't understand it is hateful.

Finally, I've been completely out as bisexual/gay/whatever most of my life. I have worked in rural towns and in large cities. I have held extremely public jobs. I have NEVER felt handicapped by speaking the truth. Then again, I am very good at fighting back.

dballer said:
Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

Those are not entire books, Dballer,a nd we've already discussed the very broad disagreement among scholars about the translations of those passages. Oxford is producing a new Bible next year that is a translation much more faithful to the original sense of the Bible.

Muscle brains which one are you gay or bi? I mean how can you be both(bi). Actually I think that is more perverted than just being gay because if you are bi you are obvioulsy attracted to females so you wouldn't need to do a man and if you do you are being perverted by choice then for sure.

Top Bottom