Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

Originally posted by HansNZ
I don't advertise my sexuality, but nor do I hide it. If I was confronted by homophobia in real life I would confront it as I do on here. I don't get confronted by it in life as I do on here so I am not so visibly vocal and gay in normal daily existence.

So if your company had a big fancy gathering where you and a guest were invited, you would bring your Partner and introduce him to the big Bosses as such ?

I work with several semi Openly Gay Men and this has NEVER happened at our company functions. Even though at the worker level we all know they have someone in their life.. They always arrive solo..

It's sad to me because I bet they wish they could feel comfortable bringing them, just like the straight guys bring their GF's

curling said:

Is it discriminating? I mean if someone would feel more confortable about the other person because of a common bond or interest why shouldn't that person get to hire the person they are more like them? See what I am saying. Btw what country are you from?

Well that would be an opportunity for you to analyse why you are uncomfortable around that person. What sort of threat does he/she pose?

I live in New Zealand.

Last edited:
huntmaster said:
I dont agree with the lifestyle--but I dont consider myself--homophobe.

Personally, I don't think there is a thing such as a homophobe. I think homophobe was a term the politically correct people put out there to label people with a phobe(make it look like it is there problem) that don't agree with the homosexuals lifestyle.

The fact is that Jesus has proclaimed that sodomy in which a man insert his/her penis in anothers buttocks is SODOMY and has such is a disgusting vulgar act which will bring sanction of hell upon the practiser.

My advise to dirty faggots is quit or you will go to hell.

Muscular Warrior

Y_Lifter said:

So if your company had a big fancy gathering where you and a guest were invited, you would bring your Partner and introduce him to the big Bosses as such ?

I work with several semi Openly Gay Men and this has NEVER happened at our company functions. Even though at the worker level we all know they have someone in their life.. They always arrive solo..

It's sad to me because I bet they wish they could feel comfortable bringing them, just like the straight guys bring their GF's

I depends. Being vocally gay on EF isn't a threat to my career. All I get is hostility and anonymous threats. I certainly wouldn't consider coming out at work until I had developed a personal relationship with my collegues. If people know you are gay from the beginning they see you as the "gay person" which colours their relationship with you.

Once people get to know you as a person then you can introduce aspects of yourself to them which would otherwise taint their relationship towards you. Also, straight men seem to suffer from a delusion that all gay men want to have sex with them. Apart from them being self-flattering egomaniacs for behaving like that, it just makes working relationships harder. In my daily life I already get enough straight guys who I would never look at twice in a gay bar act as if I am desperate to get into their pants.

I am also selective about the fights I pick. It all depends on circumstances. If I had a very homophobic boss and was at a point crucial to my career which would be jeopardised by being open then I doubt I would be open. There has to be a cost/benefit calculation made. I can promote my own visibilty and gay acceptance just as effectively if I am selective about my fights without having to jeopardise my career. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation.

The advice I have been given by openly gay men is to NOT be out at work. They all feel that their careers have been negatively affected by being open.

curling said:

Personally, I don't think there is a thing such as a homophobe. I think homophobe was a term the politically correct people put out there to label people with a phobe(make it look like it is there problem) that don't agree with the homosexuals lifestyle.

Harassing and bullying gay people is homophobia, just as harrassing and bully a black person is racism. It has nothing to do with political correctness.

MuscularWarrier said:
The fact is that Jesus has proclaimed that sodomy in which a man insert his/her penis in anothers buttocks is SODOMY and has such is a disgusting vulgar act which will bring sanction of hell upon the practiser.

My advise to dirty faggots is quit or you will go to hell.

Muscular Warrior

Well that is just your opinion. There is also no consensus among Christians about what Jesus said. In any case I could care less.

I might believe in a religion which says that there are UFOs full of aliens waiting to save us and only those who believe this or that are pure/will be saved etc. Just because I am convinced of this doesn't make it true.

I am not dirty. If you think my sexual practises are dirty then that is just your opinion.

Islamic fundamentalists think that Christians are blasphemous infidels who are going to hell, so i'll see you there muscular warrior.

HansNZ said:

Well that is just your opinion. There is also no consensus among Christians about what Jesus said. In any case I could care less.

I might believe in a religion which says that there are UFOs full of aliens waiting to save us and only those who believe this or that are pure/will be saved etc. Just because I am convinced of this doesn't make it true.

I am not dirty. If you think my sexual practises are dirty then that is just your opinion.

Islamic fundamentalists think that Christians are blasphemous infidels who are going to hell, so i'll see you there muscular warrior.

You don't believe in Islam now do you Hanz?

Top Bottom