Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Homosexuality A Perversion Of God's Will???

kingjohn said:

Kind of like the greek's own NAMBLA huh? Gross.

Being raised a Catholic I know how everyone likes to pick apart and "re-interpret" the Bible to suit their beliefs. Amazing how so many intelligent people differ on words that read so clearly, but oh well thats the way it is and will be.

Glad the Bible is so clear to you. As it happens, several ancient councils were called to clarify, translate and re-translate it. Every Sunday morning, ministers stand up to interpret it for congregations. Clear? Like any work of literature, the Bible depends on amibiguity and poetry to continue interesting people. For every evangelist who proclaims the meaning of a passage clear, there is another claiming an opposing meaning is just as clear.

curling said:
You of course are right enrico. I guess the difference is people know that sex before marriage is wrong even though they still do it (I am married btw so I can have all the sex I want or at least as much as my wife will give me :D ) But homosexuals and the media want you to accept homosexuality as ok when it according to God is not.
See the difference?

Yes I see what you're saying. I wish the media would stop trying to shove all this crap down our throats!

curling said:
You of course are right enrico. I guess the difference is people know that sex before marriage is wrong even though they still do it (I am married btw so I can have all the sex I want or at least as much as my wife will give me :D ) But homosexuals and the media want you to accept homosexuality as ok when it according to God is not.
See the difference?

The only thing is, if you go back to early enough versions of the bible, there's basically nothing against homsexuality in them. Just about everything that is commonly used to prove god is against homosexuality is a much later interpretation/bad translation. The old testament that Jesus would have read (and remember, he was a holy man and believed in that old testament, preached from it) did not condemn homosexuality. Adultery yes. Homosexuality no.

Wyst

Gay people want the freedom to love and move freely in society with protection. The idea that anyone's God stands against love and freedom is sad.

Knowing today's fundamentalists, they'd disapprove of Jesus' associations with his disciples.

Enrico said:

Yes I see what you're saying. I wish the media would stop trying to shove all this crap down our throats!

I work in the media, and I can tell you that by and large there is no intention of shoving crap down people's throats. The mass media is horrifically money oriented. They do amazingly detailed research before greenlighting any project anymore. If there's a show on that offends you, or a magazine published, or a big budget movie released, it's because they think (rightly or wrongly -- sometimes their research is shockingly bad, despite the millions they spend on it) that there are millions of people who want to watch it. That's not to say I approve of more than about 10% of the crap that gets broadcast/written/filmed -- just that really, it's mostly about money.

You're totally within your rights to object to the crap on TV etc., but honestly there's no grand media conspiracy to shove a message down your throat.
Wyst

wyst....what is that woman in your avatar putting in her mouth? :worried:

Heh. I get more questions about this. It's just a bottle! She's not doing anything nasty, I promise. She's just so damned sexay people jump to certain conclusions.

Wyst

wyst said:
Heh. I get more questions about this. It's just a bottle! She's not doing anything nasty, I promise. She's just so damned sexay people jump to certain conclusions.

Wyst

ok, thanks :D :p

Enrico said:
How many of you have engaged in that particular behavior? I've seen all kinds of posts on it. Now I'm not saying homosexuality is OK, I'm just saying that you should let God do the judging of individual people. Fornication is a sin too, but we conveniently forget that since it's so socially acceptable today. One could argue that at least homosexuality doesn't lead to unwanted pregnancy, abortion, fatherless children, etc.

"Do not judge so that you may not be judged. For with the judgement you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye but do not see the log in your own eye?"
-Matthew, 7:1-4

To say that quoting the Bible is standing in judgment is false.

KingJohn was displaying scripture that speaks against homosexuallity in response to musclebrains saying it was not referenced in the Bible.

He was showing the board how musclebrains is trying to mislead them.

Dont say he is judging when he is not---there is no need for that here.

curling said:
I agree with huntmaster and kayne. It is a perversion of God's will. He made Adam and Eve to be as one. And he also talked about how a man shall leave his mother and father for a wife and they shall be as one. He never mentions two guys joining together.

I know homosexuals don't like hearing that or want to believe it. But God made the planet so he makes the rules. Homosexuality is just a sin like any other sin and you need God to rid you of it. No one is born a homosexual they just lean toward that sin like a alcoholic leans toward alcoholism. I just think it is a travesty today that our culture is trying to get people to except homosexuality is an ok behavior when cleary it is not and use to be kept where sin should be kept in a closet.

Here is another scripture in the new testestamen about homosexuality different than the one king john used to refute muscles brains erroneous comment that homosexuality is only mentioned in Leviticus.

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave tehm over to shamful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with for on one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men , and received in themselves the due penalty for theri perversion.

There is another passage where God condones a nation for accepting and approving of homosexual behavior. That is why Christians will never accept it because it also effects negatively how God feels about our country.

great post and thanks for posting Romans 1:27---you beat me to it!

Top Bottom