Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Homosexuality A Perversion Of God's Will???

hmmm

i will agree the image of america portrayed on TV is probably a lot different to actuality if this board is anything to go by ;)

but isn't then the modifying of laws to portray homosexuality to children as wrong merging church and state? and if so, where do the views of non-church go-ers get represented

also, how do you treat homosexuality, or sexuality in general. (ok castration is one method....but a bit messy :) )

as for special rights thats fair enough.....but equal rights? marriage (in legal terms?)....adoption rights?

I am not speaking of specific laws---just my beliefes

I would have to think long and hard and consult God concerning the making of laws regarding this.

I definitely dont believe in marriage or adoption rights at all--

I still must keep in mind that I am in America--and what has happened here---and how the people's minds in America have been shaped by deviants such as slick willy and Jesse Jackson.

I would just like to see us get moving in the right direction and quit trying to go out of our way to say it is a good thing

and start treating the problem

I dont hate homosexuals

I worked with a guy once who was gay and me and him talked about God and creation and everything---he even came to our Bible study.

He knew that I was not condoning his lifestyle but I was also not hating him.

This is the example that Jesus set when He walked the earth.

God has no relevance to this conversation since God does not exist.

Separation of church and state is a fundamental constitutional premise that will continue to protect minorities and gays from the persucution of the religious majority.

As for the uninformed comments alleging that being gay is an illness----if so, then many of the most successful, well-built, progressive intellectuals in our world are ill. Many gay and lesbian critics will never rise to the level of greatest that many gays and lesbians have risen to.

Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams, for instance, are remembered for great works of literature; while many "conservative, angry white males" will be remembered for nothing, but their gun collection, maybe, and even that is a laughable long-shot (no pun intended).

But, at heart, we simply know gays aren't ill at all, don't we? We know that jealousy and insecurities often push petulent, unenlighted homophobes to say things that go against all sense, logic, and reason. Stupidity will always exist, just as absurd notions that gays are somehow ill will exist as well.

The real illness is unenlightened stupidity. Unfortunately, a few of you qualify.

Ryan.:)

P.S: -- Atlanta recently elected it's first lesbian as leader of it's city council. Just proof that even the South, is losing in the archaic fight to oppress those who are different from themselves. The family is being redefined, and quite, frankly, there is nothing you can do about it, is there?

You're only real alternative is to sit back, complain, and watch,while gays successfully show society that a new way of life is winning the day...........................Dad and Dad, son and daughter, whatever the combination, what it means to be a family is being redefined as we speak......

RyanH said:

The real illness is unenlightened stupidity. Unfortunately, a few of you qualify.

See your first quote up there Ryan, well that contradicts the second one. Why? because you qualify now(unless you were joking) peace

RyanH said:

I am sorry you feel that way.

I am interested--where did we come from if there is no God?

We all, 'just so happened,' are all the same and ---the miracle of life and breath and birth---just coincidence right? sure.

RyanH said:

Separation of church and state

this does not exist in the constitution--you should know that, are you not a lawyer?

RyanH said:

As for the uninformed comments alleging that being gay is an illness----if so, then many of the most successful, well-built, progressive intellectuals in our world are ill. Many gay and lesbian critics will never rise to the level of greatest that many gays and lesbians have risen to.

depends on how you define greatness and success--most likely not as I do.

huntmaster said:

I would have to think long and hard and consult God concerning the making of laws regarding this.

I definitely dont believe in marriage or adoption rights at all--

I still must keep in mind that I am in America--and what has happened here---and how the people's minds in America have been shaped by deviants such as slick willy and Jesse Jackson.

I would just like to see us get moving in the right direction and quit trying to go out of our way to say it is a good thing

and start treating the problem

I dont hate homosexuals

I worked with a guy once who was gay and me and him talked about God and creation and everything---he even came to our Bible study.

He knew that I was not condoning his lifestyle but I was also not hating him.

This is the example that Jesus set when He walked the earth.

Jesus must be so proud of you -- and unconcerned with your profound capacity for arguing the denial of something as fundamental as loving partnership and family building to an entire group of people on the basis of your personal belief.

Of course, your chitchat with God should provide plenty of corroborative evidence -- which is necessary since the Bible, which you would otherwise call the word of God -- says absolutely nothing about homosexuality. Even the mistranslated sections of Leviticus are in a context of prohibitions that the church ignores -- except for the one that, by a mistranslation, suits its loveless agenda.

I couldn't care less that you engage in the sophomoric dismissal of homosexuality while claiming to love the sinner -- as if certain forms of consensual love require your judgement (whatever!). But to argue that your moralistic posturing is a reasonable argument to deny rights -- which only become "special" because they are so selectively denied in the first place -- is absurd outside a theocracy.

But you go ahead and worry about the poor defenseless children who will be so twisted by the approval of all forms of consensual love. I'll continue to make my agenda the elimination of ignorance, willful stupidity and hate. Maybe I'll have a chat with god about it.

Last edited:
huntmaster said:

The whole problem with using god to determine the rights and wrongs of homosexuality is, does he answer you? and, which god?

My beliefs really say nothing about homosexuality, but these beliefs have nothing to do with modern political correctness, as some on this thread have indicated is the birthplace of tolerance (as though that were a bad thing). It's several centuries older than the christianity I assume you're talking about.

So where do you get your answer? The bible doesn't condemn it, even in the old testament. Jesus certainly doesn't. The only condemnations of it that preachers can ever find come in from the King james translation and translations that follow it. Study even a little Hebrew and you'll see how very hard the puritans of the time had to go to twist the original words to put their own personal beliefs into the mix. The "word of god" -- ie, the bible that jesus knew as the old testament, and the books as they were written about him after he died -- doesn't condemn homosexuals.

You're entitled to your beliefs, of course. But I really don't think that the mistranslation of the bible or the answer you personally get when you "consult god" really qualify as good reasons for deciding who gets married, who can adopt, or who gets fewer rights than who.

Just my opinion.

Wyst

Yes - homosexuality is a perversion of God's will.

I dont know if homosexuality is an illness, persay, but its not something that needs to be treated specially. It needs to be treated like it's an anti-social activity. I hope they never legalize or recognize same sex marriages. Also, I dont think gay couples should be able to adopt a child.

God does exist. As I once pointed out to a friend of mine who is Athiest (sp?), Jesus walked the earth and was seen by thousands of people and crowds, so there is absolutely no doubt he existed. Saying he didnt exist because theres no photos of him would be like saying Christopher Columbus didnt exist, it just happened earlier. He told me he believed Jesus existed after that, but only considered him "a popular guy". However, thousands of people also saw him cure others and do miracles. I feel sorry for people like RyanH, for not only is he likely a flaming homosexual, but that he doesnt believe in God. An eternity burning in hell might be in order... Its not too late Ryan, pick up 'the good book' and get your read on. Often gays will deny the existence of God simply b/c they know its a perversion/abomination to be homosexual.

Huntmaster - Kane is cool, but Undertaker is the coolest, probably the best WWF wrestler of all time, tied with the Hulkster.

my religion says yes ,so i would never engage in it,but from meeting gay people i find them decent people even if i dont agree with there life style

and the special treatment is bullshit,

ohh look at me im different give me special treatment

i dont think so

The Canadian Oak said:
my religion says yes ,so i would never engage in it,but from meeting gay people i find them decent people even if i dont agree with there life style

and the special treatment is bullshit,

ohh look at me im different give me special treatment

i dont think so

Care to explain how extending protection against discrimination in hiring and housing -- which is already extended to women and racial minoirities -- is saying "ohh look at me, I'm different, give me special treatment"?

It seems to me that allowing people to discriminate selectively in this way is special mistreatment.

Top Bottom