Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does SEX play a big role .............................

JerseyArt said:
Gregory

Good luck there bor. I agree with you 100%, although as you've seen on this thread, the real world is a lot more shallow. I hope you find/found someone who shares your outlook.

Sex is a wonderful, incredibly enjoyable, enhancing part of a relationship. But as with most things in a relationship, most people only consider the union through the prism of "how it makes them feel."

For them, love = "I enjoy how this other person makes me feel" and the realtionship is largely built on that foundation, coupled with some shared history.

Sad truth is that most people are too inherently selfish to actually love anyone but themselves. They confuse the good feeling and void they sense depending on the presence or lack thereof of their significant other with genuine love

Well said Brother. I see enlightement has reached you.

velvett said:
Part of sex is affection.

If a someone is selfish as a lover they more than likely are not particularly affectionate.

I would take affection over sex in such a relationship you've described.

If you associate sex with affection you will have a hard time understanding a situation like that if you actually found yourself in it. I'm not saying you would not adjust but it would be hard. Sex is a double edged sword, it has the ability to bring people closer or drive them apart, too much weight should not be placed on it imo.

velvett said:
I would take affection over sex in such a relationship you've described.

Women value intimacy over sex in a longterm relationship.

Always in my experience.

Women being Women.

DIV

:chomp:

DIVISION said:

Always in my experience.

Women being Women.

DIV

That's what they say, but in reality intimacy to them is intimate sex.

DIVISION said:

Always in my experience.

Women being Women.

DIV

You dont actually believe that do you?

GREGORY said:
If you associate sex with affection you will have a hard time understanding a situation like that if you actually found yourself in it. I'm not saying you would not adjust but it would be hard. Sex is a double edged sword, it has the ability to bring people closer or drive them apart, too much weight should not be placed on it imo.

DIVISION said:

Always in my experience.

Women being Women.

I think you guys might be misunderstanding my sentiment.

GREGORY said:
Then please clarify.

Let's say I'm married to someone to which we have a healthy emotional and sexual relationship with and on the night of our 20th anniversary we're in a car wreck and he's paralyzed from the waist down,I'm not going walk away from him just because he "can't get it up" anymore.

Being interested in your long term partner's sexual happiness (not just your own) is also an act of affection because you are considerate of your partner's feelings.

On the other hand, you can have great sex with a person that you have absolutely no emotional connection to, is there affection, depends, the best lovers tend to want to please and that doesn't have to be affection it's just a characteristic of being a great lover.

Not sure I'm expressing what I'm trying to say here but it seems to me that with healthy long term relationships there is a certain amount of loyalty and to just abandon someone because they can no longer physically please you sexually (not by choice) seems well, selfish. So therefore if I found myself in that situation I would be content with that person's affection (affection not limited to a sexual acts).

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hell yes.....I can watch the way a woman:

Eats and drinks

...and know how she is in bed

Top Bottom