Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all you dumb bastards who honestly think sexuality is a choice.

Tiervexx said:

Your basing this off of what? I showed that there is proof that a physical abnormality in the brain causes it. What evidence do you have?

That study that you posted was certaintly not proof, as someone else said, there's also studies (which I'm personally not going to bother looking for) to counter that evidence.

Just because part of the brain was enlarged after death means absolutely nothing. Environmental factors can affect the brain.

As an example, someone who suffers a lot of stress may develop depression causing changes in the whole functioning of the brain to occur. This is obviously a very simple example, but I'm sure you can see my point.

I've answered your exact same question before and this way my reply: -

----------

Well, the way I see it is that being gay/bi is almost like a 'fetish' towards liking men. In fact I think everyone in the world is/could be bi-sexual, just the vast majority of people dont even think about going there for obvious reasons. (So in one way, it is a choice)

If a guy has a fetish for a woman in knee high boots, a whip...etc do you think that's built into a persons genetics?

Basically I think any form of attraction is all psychological and nothing to do with genetics.

If a person can be hypnotised to find a brush or a chair attractive (like stage hypnotists do) then I see no reason why in theory, a straight person couldn't be hypnotised to be gay or vice versa as long as the subject was willing.

I think we are all inclined to find women attractive for the sake of reproduction. But, homosexual people have had some sort of psychological change/disorder (deviation from the normal) to literally over-power their genetic inclination.

My homosexual friend agrees with me, he thinks the reason he was gay was probably due to the way his mother brought him up. (i.e. an environmental factor that caused some psychological change in him)

gainer_uk said:

That study that you posted was certaintly not proof, as someone else said, there's also studies (which I'm personally not going to bother looking for) to counter that evidence.

Just because part of the brain was enlarged after death means absolutely nothing. Environmental factors can affect the brain.

Don't bash the study until you read the whole thing. Not just my condensed/simplified "idiot version".

It describes how the part of the brain is changed during VERY EARLY child development. This is not something that can happen because of the environment.

The link I posted describes many studies related to sexuality. You will find that there have been no studies that can counter them. If you can than post them and quit making shit up.

gainer_uk said:

My homosexual friend agrees with me, he thinks the reason he was gay was probably due to the way his mother brought him up. (i.e. an environmental factor that caused some psychological change in him)

I will bet you anything that you will be able to find others with similar backgrounds that still ended up strait.

There have been dozens of psychological studies on how someone's background might affect sexuality and it has turned up no conclusive evidence.

Once again the link I posted gives more information on this.

Tiervexx said:

Obviously most get over it, but at first there is nothing but pain and confusion for most.

And many do commit suicide shortly after figuring it out. How could this happen if they felt that they had anything to gain?

Many people who come to the realization of impending divorce commit suicide or murder their spouse, does this argue a genetic component? They are filled with pain and confusion.

The presence of emotional strife and confusion does not argue for genetics in homosexuality. I am not arguing against genetics, just stating why the above argument is not well founded. All people who act do so to promote what they believe is in their best interest, heterosexuals and homosexuals.

Tiervexx...if ever there was a good time to be gay, this is it. Pay yourself on the back for impecable timing.

Seriously...........I tried to go gay since women are clinically insane. I can not do a man ass, no interest in female ass either. Maybe you are fortunate.

Tiervexx said:

I will bet you anything that you will be able to find others with similar backgrounds that still ended up strait.

I'm sure I will be able to. Whats that got to do with anything?

Psychologogical disorders occur for all sorts of reasons, far too complex for us too possibly understand.

Answer this: Why is it that a man might have say a foot fetish? Is it built into his genetics or is it something to do with the way he was brought up?

When you come up with an answer, give me your reasoning and what may have triggered off this fetish.

You also did not adress any of my points about hypnosis which could be called 'proof' that attraction is psychological.

You need to start thinking for yourself from a completely un-biased viewpoint, and not just jump up and down because the latest scientific study suggests you might be correct.

Scientific studies counter each other every day.

gainer_uk said:

I'm sure I will be able to. Whats that got to do with anything?

Psychologogical disorders occur for all sorts of reasons, far too complex for us too possibly understand.

Answer this: Why is it that a man might have say a foot fetish? Is it built into his genetics or is it something to do with the way he was brought up?

When you come up with an answer, give me your reasoning and what may have triggered off this fetish.

You also did not adress any of my points about hypnosis which could be called 'proof' that attraction is psychological.

You need to start thinking for yourself from a completely un-biased viewpoint, and not just jump up and down because the latest scientific study suggests you might be correct.

Scientific studies counter each other every day.
STFU.......he was happy for a bit. Why rain on the bros parade?

We have ABL and several others to do that.

Testosterone boy said:
STFU.......he was happy for a bit. Why rain on the bros parade?

We have ABL and several others to do that.

:lmao:

Seriously, it seems that a lot of gay people are desperate to make themselevs and others believe that they were 'born that way'. My gay friend is an exception to this, he freely admits that psychological factors were what caused him to turn out the way he is.

I also noticed that the article was written by a gay guy.

gainer_uk said:

:lmao:

Seriously, it seems that a lot of gay people are desperate to make themselevs and others believe that they were 'born that way'. My gay friend is an exception to this, he freely admits that psychological factors were what caused him to turn out the way he is.

I also noticed that the article was written by a gay guy.
So where are you going and what difference does it make?

Testosterone boy said:
So where are you going and what difference does it make?

I'm not understanding your question.

What difference does it make...absolutely none. Not unless you let if affect you psychologically of course. :)

Top Bottom