Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all you dumb bastards who honestly think sexuality is a choice.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Come on guys, do you think anyone would actually chose to be persicuted and an outcast with no benefit to be gained by this? I find it difficult to believe that anyone would chose to be gay. It clearly isn't a choice.

This argument, no matter what it is used for, is not based in reality. If you believe that only genetic defects causes irrational behaviour or behaviour that does not promote the self-good, then how do you account for theft, murder, prostitution, drug use, etc.?

You would have to claim that each of these individuals does not chose to be this way and their actions are therefore out of their control, since it is their genes acting and not them. Thus legal punishments would be irrational for how is a fine or jail sentence going to alter one's genes?

For a non-criminal example, how would you account for kids who shave one side of their head and dye the remaining hair blue, or shave their hair into mohawks and pierce their faces or tatoo their bodies till every square inch is covered? None of these situations promotes normalcy, instead it promotes their idea of individuality, yet ostracizing them from society.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BodyByFinaplix
gymtime, I don't recall having read that in the Bible. Could you site the book, chapter and verse for us?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gymtime
Leviticus 20, verse 13

" If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. "

Leviticus 18, verse 22

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. "

Romans 1, verse 26

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. "

I hope you and that shirtless, heathen farmer enjoy yourselves frying in the pits of hell together!!

Tiervexx said:
Gymtime that only says that it is a sin. It says nothing about it being a choice.
Bingo. The sexual orientation is not a choice (speaking on men, who the hell would CHOOSE another man over a woman?!?!) The sexual behavior is.

Hey gymtime, your comment "I hope you and that shirtless, heathen farmer enjoy yourselves frying in the pits of hell together!!" Ummm, yeah, way to hate. I believe that homosexual acts are sinful - BUT, I have yet to meet a human being who is without sin, choosing sin over God over and over again. Jesus died and rose for us, for all of our sins. If you wish to warn people of their sin, fine. But do it with a loving heart - not a hate filled soul.

The Nature Boy said:

wow. that's refreshing to read. I wish more people were like that. there might be more converts to your religion if people followed your post.
Thank you, I'm glad you feel that way.

Silent Method said:
If you wish to warn people of their sin, fine. But do it with a loving heart - not a hate filled soul.

wow. that's refreshing to read. I wish more people were like that. there might be more converts to your religion if people followed your post.

p0ink said:
i guess we wont have the answers until we clone a gay man.
Not necessarily will we know then. Look at genetically identical twins. They develop different brain physiology based on environmental factor. The answer to the age old "nature vs. nurture" question is simple - both are key to human development.

atlantabiolab said:

This argument, no matter what it is used for, is not based in reality. If you believe that only genetic defects causes irrational behaviour or behaviour that does not promote the self-good, then how do you account for theft, murder, prostitution, drug use, etc.?

You would have to claim that each of these individuals does not chose to be this way and their actions are therefore out of their control, since it is their genes acting and not them. Thus legal punishments would be irrational for how is a fine or jail sentence going to alter one's genes?

For a non-criminal example, how would you account for kids who shave one side of their head and dye the remaining hair blue, or shave their hair into mohawks and pierce their faces or tatoo their bodies till every square inch is covered? None of these situations promotes normalcy, instead it promotes their idea of individuality, yet ostracizing them from society.

First of all- theft, murder, prostitution, and drug use all have negative effects in the long term, but at the time it obviously had some benefit for the person OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T DO IT.

Drugs make you feel great when you take them... you could get off on murder or do it out of necessity... etc.

The point here is that these behaviors, while detremental in the long term, have strong short term benefit. Being gay has no strong short term benefit. It doesn't make someone feel good in any way shape or form to come to the realization that they're gay. How do you think it'd make you feel?

In your other example- freaks like you mentioned do not face near the persecution gays do. And again, you seem to assume everyone who does something you would consider bad is hurting themselves. If you'd look at it more objectively you'd realize that again in this case there is short term benefit. They feel as though they're going against society, or whatever.

They've made this choice because they feel there is some benefit. Ask any gay person about how they began to realize they're gay and it's often times a very painful experience... one that can make them miserable or even turn to suicide. There is no benefit here.

Your amatueristic psychoanalysis is off base.

It's obviously not a conscious choice, a kid doesn't think to himself "hmmm I'm gonna be gay because it's cool".

But, I very much doubt it'd anything to do with genetics either. In fact I'm almost certain that it's due to phsycological factors and comparible to other mental 'disorders'.

Top Bottom