Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all you dumb bastards who honestly think sexuality is a choice.

KristopherWalken said:
whether youre choosing to like men or choosing to like women, your'e still choosing.

The point that alot of people have been trying to make is that it isn't a choice. I'm attracted to certain types of women because I feel an urge that inclines me to be attracted to them, it isn't a choice. Most gay guys I've met claim they were never aroused by looking at a woman, and they find men sexy. They never made a choice, it is just their natural inclination.

Who knows if it is genetic, and determined at conception, or if it is strictly psycological due to environmental factors early in life, however it doesn't appear to be a conscious choice.

BodyByFinaplix said:

The point that alot of people have been trying to make is that it isn't a choice. I'm attracted to certain types of women because I feel an urge that inclines me to be attracted to them, it isn't a choice.

This is directed at the 'homosexuality is genetic' theorists.

Do you honestly think that the urge that inclines you to be attracted to (for example) brunettes more than blondes is built into your genetics?

Like hell it is.

atlantabiolab said:

Correct. Man has free-will, but the will is not free to act in any manner that man BELIEVES (take note of 'believe') is "bad". No matter how he acts it is always in the promotion of what he deems "good". Since the "good" has the caveat of "belief" attached to it, this explains why many can act in manners that are obviously not "good".

Wrong. First, many actions are detrimental in the immediate, such as suicide, yet people commit suicide every day. Why? Because they deem suicide as "better" than living. For whatever reason, they believe that death is better than life. Their belief is that death will solve their problems in life. Can any rational person accept this argument? No, but this belief is acted upon daily.

Second, pleading with my emotions by asking "how would I feel" is not objective, since I am not in that situation, where I am unhappy with my sexual situation, thus questioning "what is my role in this world?".

Why don't you ask any of the many homosexual members of this board if they explored homosexuality to solve their uncertainty of sexual preference and possible dissatisfaction of heterosexuality? I assume that people do not act in ways that they believe is going to hurt them, so I must assume that many homosexual individuals contemplated and acted upon their ideas in order to seek out happiness or satisfaction.

I explained this above. I have looked at this objectively, you are looking at this emotionaly.

So you are saying that no person who is gay has received any benefit from his/her decision to act in an exclusively homosexual manner? So, every gay person is hating their lover, hating their life, and wishing for death? So gay people derive no happiness from their sexual and emotional experiences with their partners?

Your argument would claim that inter-racial relationships, in the south, circa 1950s, would not be by choice, for who would ever consciously wish to live under the persecution of said society.

I see. You have reasoned your points so successfully.

What you failed to read into my original post is not that I was arguing against a genetic component of sexuality, but the irrationality of the argument that people never act in manners that cause them hardship.

Ok it would take me too long to point out all the defunct parts of your post.

To summarize: Human nature is that short term benefit is always given much more weight than long term consequences. I never said people don't act in ways that cause them hardship, of course they do- any moron can see this. The POINT is that the reason they act that way is because they feel there is some SHORT TERM benefit (that is when it is in fact a CHOICE). Could any educated person argue this point?

That is why it is a compelling argument against the fact that homosexuality is a choice. The "choice" to be attracted to men causes absolutely no short term benefit of any kind. Gays realize this will cause them persecution and pain... why would anyone choose this?

How can you not see this... are you truly that caught up in your own convoluted ramblings?

Apparently you think any point not made objectively has no merit... an interesting concept.

It's so simple. Did you choose to be heterosexual or was this the only possible sexual orientation you could have? Did you choose to like women? Were you equally attracted to both sexes and you just chose which one you would involve yourself with?

The answer to all these questions is no.... so how is it logical to assume that it is any different for homosexuals?

Perhaps you have latent homosexual tendencies which make this thought experiment too painful.

Circa 1950 interracial relationships would not be a choice exactly because of the reasons you've mentioned.... maybe you do understand after all.

Since when does one choose to whom they fall in love? Love is not generally a choice... thats why even when it caused pain and distress for interracial couples they still stayed together.

But there is still an aspect of choice to even this as there are many people to fall in love with... but obviously these people's feelings were so strong that they felt in essence that they had no choice.

It is possible to fall in love with someone else... but when has a homosexual man fallen in love with a woman? Homosexuality, unlike love (for the most part), stands the test of tiem... further showing that being gay is not a choice. Since when is a choice permanent for the duration of a person's life?

I love completely off-base analogies.

although it is interesting to me that individuals who use the Bible as the basis of their argument often ignore that the main part of the new testament dealing with homosexual lust also indicts heterosexual lust as being sin also. ignoring that allows to differentiate between the two and therefore show homosexual lust to be more against the Bible than hetero lust out of wedlock

LOL, Damn you are one little desperate gay dude to come on here and try to show everyone that you were not born gay. If being gay is so normal than why the fuck are you trying to justify it?

First off,
I don't give a fuck about whether your gay or whether some gay guy posted some study showing changes in brain size at birth.

Second,
The only thing this study shows is how part of the homosexual brain is half as large as the same part in the heterosexual brain thus reaffirming my belief that this behavior is abnormal.

Third,
You will never EVER convince me that this behavior is normal.

You know I can honestly say I respect alot of the gays on this board but you sure have some fucking nerve coming on here calling us dumb bastards because you think your view of homosexuality is the right one. You are what I call a TINK!!!!

Last edited:
Damn FM............this is a chat board. This thread is more relevant than 96% of the absolute crap posted around here.

Save for some TB threads that is.

Tiervexx said:
Your approach is much more pleasant than many others, but what I want to know is how can you justify calling homosexuality a sin?
I'm not calling being gay sin. I do, however, believe sex acts with a same sex partner is a sin. I believe it negates the intended nature of sexual intimacy (note you must accept God to accept that sexual intimacy has an intended nature).

However, I do not expect you to realize this, given your homosexual nature. This is not a slight, nor an insult. I can claim no monopoly on righteousness. Surely I have sinful aspects of my life that I mistakenly accept whole-heartedly as if good. Given MY nature, I am blind to these.

No one of us is free from such sinful nature.

Tiervexx said:
I have proved that sexuality is not a choice. So if god made me gay than he decided that I should not even have a chance for heaven. I was damned from birth. How can you possibly say that a just god would do this?
Not at all. Aspects of my very substance of being, just like yours, are sinful in nature. Again, nobody is without sin.

I believe your homosexual acts are sin, right? This does NOT mean your sin is somehow worse than my sin.

God is love. Jesus has paid for your sins just as he did mine.

Top Bottom