Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zero calorie energy drinks in bodybuilding

RoseStudi

is it ok to take like sugar free redbull or monster before work out? do you think taking this drinks often can give you any health issues in the long run? even if they don't contain any sugar?. I need something to boost my energy before work out and those drinks really get me going more than anything.

energy drinks are something I have never used in my life

i depend on a good pre workout meal to 'get me up' .. something like eggs, oatmeal, sweet potato and a piece of fruit.

energy drinks are addictive, its a nice little scam companies have going

If you "need" something to get you ready for a workout then you are not eating the right foods and are not hydrated. Do you think Arnold had access to pre workout drinks?

If you want something with heavy stims, use the ECA stack -> https://www.evolutionary.org/eca-stack-lose-fat
It is the most effective and cheapest stimulant stack you can put together.

I honestly am not a big stimulant guy and feel they do more harm then good. 99% of sleep issues are due to using stimulants too close to bed time. The half life of caffeine is about 6 hours. If you take a pre-workout supplement around 5PM after work and plan to go to bed around 11PM, the pre-workout will still be in your bloodstream in almost full concentrations.

You honestly don't need a pre-workout. It's a big misconception that you need a pre-workout to lift. The best thing you can do to get a great pump during your workout is to eat a proper pre-workout meal 60-90 minutes before you train. Something high in protein, high in carbs and low-moderate in fat. Something like a bowl of oatmeal with whey protein isolate and some natural almond butter mixed in.

Rather then a pre-workout, my vote would be to buy a tub of good quality whey isolate (I use wheytobuildmuscle from n2bm.com), a bag of oatmeal and a jar of natural almond butter. It'll actually fuel your body for your workout and not just give you a false energy buzz from a stimulant high.

is it ok to take like sugar free redbull or monster before work out? do you think taking this drinks often can give you any health issues in the long run? even if they don't contain any sugar?. I need something to boost my energy before work out and those drinks really get me going more than anything.

These energy drinks contain a lot of artificial flavouring, colourings and tons of additives which are not healthy in the long run.

Its nothing lethal to be completely honest, but just because they do not contain sugar doesnt mean they are healthy to take. In moderation of course, why not, but people avoid them for a reason.

Top Bottom