Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is your state the healthiest?

Fonz

"Q"
Platinum
How healthy is your state?

You'll find the healthiest U.S. citizens in New Hampshire, Minnesota and Utah. The least healthy states are in the South, led by Louisiana.
By insure.com

Got health?

According to a 2001 study conducted by UnitedHealth Foundation, Minnesota citizens are the healthiest in the nation, followed by New Hampshire residents and those who live in Utah. Residents of South Carolina, Louisiana and Mississippi are the most unhealthy in the nation, according to UnitedHealth's research.

Residents of Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Indiana and Oklahoma showed the greatest improvement in health from 2000 to 2001, mainly due to a drop in the prevalence of smoking and a drop in the percentage of uninsured residents.

Since 1990, when UnitedHealth first issued its national health report, the health of all Americans has improved by 14%. Plummeting motor-vehicle death rates (down 36% since 1990), low unemployment and a 6.3% overall decrease in smoking are primary reasons for the upswing in the nation's health. During the last year, however, there has been a 3.3% decline in the overall national health, due in part to an increase in the prevalence of smoking, a continuing drop in high-school graduation rates and an increase in premature deaths.

Alaska, Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho have shown the most improvement in health since 1990 -- they've all improved 20% or more.

Survey based on lifestyle, environment
The study is an annual survey of each state's overall health environment based on 17 lifestyle and environmental factors, including the prevalence of smoking, violent-crime rate, unemployment rate, access to health insurance and mortality rate.

UnitedHealth assigns a number to each state based on the 17 factors, with positive numbers representing better health while negative numbers indicate poorer health. The number represents how much a state’s overall ranking exceeds or falls below the national average. (To get state-by-state details, click on the link at left.)

Smoking is least prevalent in Utah and California, while it is most prevalent in Nevada and Kentucky. Massachusetts and Rhode Island have the best record for fatal car accidents; Mississippi and South Carolina have the worst. North Dakota, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont have the least amount of violent crime; Florida the most. Utah has the least risk of heart disease; Mississippi has the highest risk.

UnitedHealth Foundation is a nonprofit, private foundation that provides information in support of the health and medical decisions made by physicians and health professionals, and individual and community leaders that lead to better health outcomes and healthier communities. It compiled statistics and information from the American Cancer Society, National Center for Health Statistics, National Safety Council, U.S. Department of Commerce bureaus, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Health and U.S. Department of Labor.

Ok....I'm moving to Minnesota. :) LOL

Fonz

Hawaii is full of fat ppl...probably over the list for my state

Mr.X

FarBeyondDriven said:
Where was D.C. and Maryland? This place is like a cess pool

Might be a cesspool, but then so is every state. We're a country of fat slobs -- it's probably pretty tough to figure out which area has the most fat slobs.

If Louisiana is the fattest state, then New Orleans HAS to be the fattest city. All you see around here are big fat slobs. It's pretty common to see a hugely fat Mom and Dad with big tubbo kids waddling close behind.

It's easy to see why, though, with all the good grub around here. Oh yeah, and the all night booze fests.

When I was researching Norfolk where I am attending college they were #2 at the time on the most obese cities list, its insane. I drive down the main drag in front of the college and it goes Wendys, gas station, Mcd, 7-11, Subway, Pizza, Hardys, Walgreens, MCD.

GOOD POST

Down here in the deeeeeeep South :nopity: the whale population is unbelievable. In fact, you have to be careful at the grocery store as some fat person deprived of eating in the last 15 minutes may EAT YOU! :eek2:

Personally though, I find it entertaining to be lean and ripped around so many lard asses. It's nice really... In fact I get a big hardon just walking around with my athletic fit T and jeans! :inflate:

Hawaii

Someone earlier mentioned that Hawaii has a lot of fat people. I do agree, im from hawaii and there are a lot of over weight people. However, we are the happiest people in the planet, those of you who have been to hawaii know what im talking about. We are not no NY where everyone is always in a hu rry and always stresed.
Be ing that we a re in a year round sunny atmosphere, we also have the fittest people around. So i guess one could say we have the best of both worlds, Hawaiis made for everyone! I do remember reading that we are the 4th healthiest state.

Funny thing is in San Diego, there are a ton of in shape people.

That's probably best explained by there being 3 extremely large military bases within a 100 mile radius.

It can be tough competition out here. :) Motivating though. I think there was a study, and there are more gyms here per square foot of city than any other place in the USA.

Top Bottom