Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your favourite condiments

jdevlin1985

Something that will really spice up a low-carb/cutting diet? I love barbecue sauce, only used in moderation, but has too many carbs and too high a sodium content. Have been looking around for a low-carb version but to my knowledge I don't think any supermarket does it.

Interested to hear your ideas.

Hummus (I love to add a TBS or two to tuna)
Ground Cherry Peppers
Dijon Mustard
Veggie spreads (pureed seasoned veggies - eg., Carrot Ginger spread)

I'm going to look into the Ms. Dash marinades. I need to add their seasonings (salt-free) to my diet.

nycgirl said:
Hummus (I love to add a TBS or two to tuna)
Ground Cherry Peppers
Dijon Mustard
Veggie spreads (pureed seasoned veggies - eg., Carrot Ginger spread)

I'm going to look into the Ms. Dash marinades. I need to add their seasonings (salt-free) to my diet.

Ooh yep! Mrs Dash! Heard alot about them and know a few pro BBs who use through pre-contest. Think i'll have to give them a try.

Please enlighten me to what the hell hummus is though? What I also do is boil my sweet potatoes i chicken bullion cubes which adds alot of flavour.

Jdevlin1985 said:
Oh yes! Ms Dash! Heard alot about them and know a few pro BBs who use through pre-contest. Think i'll have to give them a try.

Please enlighten me to what the hell hummus is though?

Hummus is ground chick pea dip. 1T has 25 calories, 1g fat and 60g of sodium. It comes plain or in different flavors (roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, dill, etc.)

Its usually used as a dip for pita bread. Or served with lamb. I love it when I eat red meat and tuna.

Hummus is a dip made from pureed chickpeas....not exactly low carb/low fat tho....

I use a lot of:
Mustards
Vinegars (apple cider & red wine)
Salt free marinades & seasonings (ie Mrs. Dash)
low carb/sugar salad dressings
Splenda
Hot sauce (Tabasco Chipotle is a favorite)

Sounds good! Tuna needs something added to it to bring in some flavor. Cannot do with just eating it bland straight from the tin like some people do.

Do you use any kind of herbs?

Oh, definitely. I need to start an herb garden, its probably cheaper than purchasing them from the supermarket. I use dried herbs as well.

I like curry powder and ginger.

Jdevlin1985 said:
Sounds good! Tuna needs something added to it to bring in some flavor. Cannot do with just eating it bland straight from the tin like some people do.

Do you use any kind of herbs?

Herb-wise I mostly use Red Pepper flakes and the Mrs Dash seasonings.....

Oh salsa is good too - just read the label for sugar/added ingredients....

In Tuna I like: 1 tblsp. FF mayo, tiny bit of hot sauce or Dijon Mustard, minced red onion, radish & bell pepper, maybe some chopped pickle or a small spoonful of relish, and a tidbit of Apple Cider Vinegar. All this is good in the pouch salmon too....

nycgirl said:
Oh, definitely. I need to start an herb garden, its probably cheaper than purchasing them from the supermarket. I use dried herbs as well.

I like curry powder and ginger.

Not thought much about curry powder before. It would actually give a really strong taste to some otherwise really bland food. I think the only herb I use at present is cinnamon. I love adding it to whole-grain rice and oats first thing for breakfast. Of an evening is when i could really do with giving my food some taste though. When cutting its no carbs after lunch for me so all I stick with is chicken and egg whites. Even started adding choco flavored whey protein powder to scrambled egg. Trust me, when you are near enough starving, nothing tastes as good.

Oh, I love curry powder (yellow & red). Take some curry powder, some herbs, add to water, throw in the chicken breasts, cook until the chicken is done and you have curry chicken with a nice sauce to pour over some brown rice.

I add cinnamon to my oats. I don't use Splenda. The only sweeteners I use are added in my protein powder.

Nutmeg is good too. I :heart: poultry seasoning.

Top Bottom