Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WTF- protein not needed for growth??!!

I don't have time to read the whole thing, but did get most of the protein points. To be acruate, the amount of protein needed to add muscle is indeed minimal. Also, some people consume along the lines of 500g per day, which is excessive. Having said that, he misses some important points. Adding protein increases IGF-1, which is vital to muscle repair and growth. Oh! Before I forget, he says something about protein alone not helping muscle growth, which is also, true. But I think everyone else here knows you have to TRAIN also. Also, having all amino acids at the tissue site when they are needed is vital. When your body makes a protein, if any one amino acid is lacking, the whole protein is lost. Even with non-essential amino acids, if they are created too late the stimulus may be gone by the time the amino acid arrives at the tissue site and, again, the protein won't be formed.

At the bottom it reads.....

"This article was revised on October 6, 2000."

Needless to say, they were idiots BACK THEN as well!

~SC~
CEO
www.gotswole.com
As Seen In MuscleMag
International Issues 259,

I know this is an old thread, but two things...

One, yes SC, they were. I'm sure we'll look back in 10 years (max) and think we too were idiots.

Faller, you said something about a protein not being formed if the AA chain wasn't full? You said if one AA is lacking, the protein won't be formed. Can you clarify this? Is this true? So the protein listed in, just say something stupid like orange juice (2 grams), that's wasted? Shouldn't be counted?

What about protein oatmeal?

Top Bottom