Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would varying macros and food choices every day lead to more efficient fat loss?

spatts said:
Only 3 weeks? I would write it off to metabolic adjustment and keep on keepin on. Seems like a long time to you, I'm sure.

I bet in one of the next few weeks, you recheck things and find that you seemed to have made a HYUGE drop practically overnight. Just a hunch.

how long until you start seeing results? 4 weeks?

Thanks VLC. Sounds like you're making some good progress. Hang with it. Your recipes sound delicious, but I think Hannibal and MS are right - variety = eat too much. I think even 3 different daily meal plans, besides the high carb days, is what messed me up. I'm gonna go back to what I know works. The last thing I need right now is bingeing (does that HAVE an 'e' or not? It looks so weird WITHOUT one .. oh well) - because one step after bingeing is purging. And I didn't spend years shaking that only to have my "healthy" lifestyle bring it back.

Here's my diet if you need a ref. point for later on:

Meal 1:
1 whole egg
5 egg whites OR equiv. in soy/casein protein powder
salsa (if eggs)
3 servings oatmeal

Meal 2:
salsa (if eggs)
190g chick peas

Meal 3:
salsa (if eggs)
100g chick peas

Meal 4:
salsa (if eggs)
100g cottage cheese
150g broccoli

Meal 5:
salsa (if eggs)
300g broccoli

Meal 6:
salsa (if eggs)
300g broccoli
1 tbsp flax seed oil
100g cottage cheese

20-40g glutamine per day, depending on cardio
Creatine, lots of vitamins, and I added in ginkho biloba recently to see if it'll make me smarter. LOL!
1 whey shake post-workout on training days
yams can be substituted for the chick peas
Low carb days can be dropped in on non-training days when I feel like eating a bit more fat - I'll see how I'm going though.

Totals: Cals: 2040~2150
P:220
C: 198
F: 42

6-8 weeks out, depending on progress, cut out the salsa and cottage cheese (replace with eggs or something)
4-6 weeks out, drop carbs, depending on progess

Just a couple of pointers VLC, stuff that MS told me and that I've read here and there: Tofu blocks the absorption of some nutrients, so it's not such a good idea to have a lot of it in a diet. Use it for bulking. Same goes for spinach. Also, try to have more of your fibrous stuff later in the day, for the same reason, and for keeping you full.

Try to stay away from processed food (the soy fake meat stuff). It's not great from a nutrient point of view, and you need all you can get when on a diet.

You may have to dump the pasta somewhere along the line. Also, try not to eat fat with carbs. (Sorry, that one hurts, doesn't it?) It's good you dumped the protein bars - not only do they have junk in them, but they have more calories than the carb values say .. because of glycerine, which is metabolised differently from usual carbs by the body, but still has calories. And calories are calories.

One big problem I have is I live in the land of absolutely no diet food. Just about everyone here is lean, they don't need sugar free fat free stuff. There's no sugar-free ANYTHING, and no fat-free or low fat ANYTHING, except skim milk, which you can't have on a diet anyway. No jello, no chrystal lite, no fake sugar, no kool aid, no cool whip ... :(

It kind of sucks. But it sure limits cheating. And dried seaweed isn't that bad once you get used to it, lol :)

Oh, the protein pancakes are great. Do a search, or check the Muscle Food board - they're all over this site.

Heh heh, spatts. Metabolic adjustment, lol. Haven't you ever had a chance to wonder at your body's amazing ability to survive on 1500 calories, or double that, without your actual weight changing an ounce?

Calories in have to be less than calories out. Or the same, with some cardio thrown in.

Have 1g of protein per lb of LM divided throughout the day, then eat whatever you feel like in terms of fat and carbs on top of that -- although I would shoot for 30% fat and some liquid postworkout carbs (not fruit juice though) if you're not going the keto route.

Carb-up from time to time and "cheat" from time to time as well, and you'll be golden in the Leptin department.

Dieting should be easy folks! No need to make it so painful.

Top Bottom