Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it worth cutting calories while bulking?

capitalT

I know that I am getting enough calories because I have gained some fat while on a Sust/dbol/gana cycle. I eat very clean (except sugar intake could be dropped) and my work outs re very intense.

I know gaining fat is part of the game while bulking...but I don't want to gain to much. Would it be worth taking the risk of not getting enough calories to shed a few pounds? I know I should wait and cut after but feeling like a lard ass. How much of weight gained could be water? Does gained appear like fat?

'Cutting' = cutting and 'Bulking' = bulking, dont try and combine the two because your goals will suffer. Try adding some fina in to your cycle and 25mcgs daily of t3

don't try to bulk and stay lean bro!Believe me i tried for a whole year, it doesn't work!!!Bulk up now,especially on that cycle you're doing now.Cut up next year for summer.:)

Bulk up but don't let yourself get too fat! I suggest taking getting skinfold measurements taken every two weeks. If you're gaining 1/2 lb of fat per week, that is plenty enough calories.

I think all too often guys feel good on a cycle, let their calories get a little high, end up having some great gains, but then lose so much cutting the 15 lbs of fat they put on in addition to the muscle.

Andy

I agree with Andy....don't make the mistake of gaining too much fat while bulking...it makes it harder to shed and is inevitable you'll lose some lean mass when trying to shed a high amount of fat...keep the calories clean and be content with slowly gaining mass....the yo-yo effect is a waste of time in my opinion...I prefer to never get higher than 10% bf year round...think of gaining mass as a marathon not a sprint

therealj said:
I agree with Andy....don't make the mistake of gaining too much fat while bulking...it makes it harder to shed and is inevitable you'll lose some lean mass when trying to shed a high amount of fat...keep the calories clean and be content with slowly gaining mass....the yo-yo effect is a waste of time in my opinion...I prefer to never get higher than 10% bf year round...think of gaining mass as a marathon not a sprint

I agree 100% I try to stay within 2% of my ideal body fat all year. That way there's no cutting.. Just gaining muscle-- all year.

Andy

Well, If you cut calories to the point where you are shedding a few pounds then it's no longer a bulking cycle. Don't chase your own tail in circles. Bulking means sacrificing leanness. At an advanced training stage the body requires MORE calories consumed than what is needed for maintnance needs...otherwise...no new growth of lean body mass. To facilitate fat loss you have to use more calories than you consume. Any logical mind can deduce that these two states cannot coexist. As has been mention don't get crazy just for the sake of "bulking up". Kepp you diet clean, nutritious, and within a reasonable range for muscle hypertrophy, but not so hypercaloric that fat accumulation is rapid and damaging. You have to eat to grow, and you have to know your body so you can keep it's condidtion under control, but like you said gaining SOME fat is part of the game.

Top Bottom