Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will one day of gultony (high cal/carb) screw up weeks of dieting (low cal/low carb?)

DStockholm

if im on a low cal/moderate carb diet all week (2000 cal)and then say i binge and eat (5000-6000 cal) one day what will that do my my progress? Will it cause some major damage to my fat loss? Will I fuck everything up like the weeks of dieting? Is that one day going to screw me with all those calories. I figure you can't gain that much fat from eating like that once a week, how could you body even take in that many cals? It seems when i have my cheat day I tend to get started on some carbs and then i cant stop and tear up some serious cals/sugar/carbs. I assume i should not do this, plus it makes me feel sick and bloated.

I know that a "cheat day" is supposed to be having a few extra things, like a small pizza or something like that, but i can't handle that and i end up eating like 2 large pizzas. Whats the cost of this?

D

intresting, i think my binge would have been all good had I not been such a glutton and eat anything i could fat carbs sugar whatever all day, oh well its behind me now now need to dwell on that shit

I think one day of binging will not make a difference if it is every once in a while--that is what my trainer tells me but if you can deal with it psychologically then go for it!! I just can't handle the guilt after eating all those calories! Good luck! :)

Depends on how restrictive your low carb is and how bad of a binge you go on.

I know a guy on Atkins who gained 5lbs over night when he snapped and went on a Pizza/French Fry binge :D

Binging is bad, carbing up is completely differenct, and can be benificial.

I've been eating 2000 calories/day through the week and binging on Saturday and I have lost 25lbs(mostly fat) in the past three months. 2000 calories is actually 500 calories below maintenance for me. Ideally, I should be eating about 2250/day, but I cut it down to 2000 to make up for my freaking out on binge day. It's worked so far, so I'm sticking with it.

BTW, I eat whatever I want, I just keep track of the calories. I'll probably have to go low carb to lose the last few pounds.

Low carb Diets-YOU MUST BINGE SOMETIMES!

One day of binging a week is A MUST!! If you go no-carb for more than about 10 days straight, you will LOSE MUSCLE FAST. You MUST TRAIN after a low carb week RIGHT BEOFRE THE BINGE! Train and hit the depletion workout (covered in BodyOpus by Dan Duchaine). Basicly do 4 sets of 10-15 reps on all parts and hit everything you want to grow. This will give you strength and preserve and even gain muscle on the low carb plan!! Dont fucking believe Atkins that old walking liver spot!! Get outta low carb every week or you will lose muscles and look like all those small and weak AtkinsAddicts!!

Refeeds are essential....I have had success with them in my fat loss diets....

i would urge you to visit www.avantlabs.com and read Par Deus' articles.

One thing that is essential on a refeed day is to avoid fat.....stick to high carb goodies....i can eat pancakes and syrup all day.....Edy's makes a fat free-sugar free Ice Cream that comes in quarts and is 800 cals for the entire container......and get this....there are 32 g of protein in it! Bonus!

Top Bottom