Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will I Grow?

miked2789

Yes I know one of these "height" threads probably comes along everyday, so i figured wtf, one more won't hurt. I'll give all the info and i'm sure someone out there can give me an answer. I'm 16.4 yrs old (bday 7/15), and I'm currently 5 8 or just a shade under I think. I started puberty I think in 7th grade because I remember gettin measured 6th grade yr in school and being 4 9.75. By 8th grade year I was 5 4 so I'm pretty sure I hit puberty in 7th grade. Last yr (soph yr, currently junior) I measured at 5 6.5, and I'm pretty sure I've grown an 1" to an 1.5" since then. My dad and mom are 5 1 and 5 4, and yes my dad is the one that is 5 1. Now some of you may think right now forget it kid your probably done growing but I think my father's height is just the result of a poor diet as a kid, he grew up in Italy pretty poor. His brother though is 5 7, and all of my male cousins from his side range from 5 7-6 3, and the ones that are 5 7 and 6 3, have parents that are 4 10 and 5 5, go figure lol. I can't give any info for my mom's family because she was adopted which puts me shit out of luck. I do drink milk by the gallon, eat like a pig, workout regularly, and have recently started taking a multi-vitamin and doing stretching exercises. I've supplied all the info so could someone please answer, thanks.

Heh.

Sorry bud, the one and only determining factor in height is your genetics! You won't know how tall you're going to get until you stop growing. Don't waste your time trying to do stretches or whatever other B.S. it won't change your genes.

RussianRocket said:
Heh.

Sorry bud, the one and only determining factor in height is your genetics! You won't know how tall you're going to get until you stop growing. Don't waste your time trying to do stretches or whatever other B.S. it won't change your genes.
lol unfortunately I'm gonna hafta agree with him. Just sit back and take it as it comes man, you cant really do much about it. The milk is good, and it cant hurt to keep up what you're doing but as stated above its mostly genetics. My dad is 6'1, my older brother 6'2, younger brother 6'1, and im 6 exactly, and I drank a lot more milk growing up than any of them did.

The heritability of height is not is 0.8. So there are a significant amount of environmental factors involved in height. Just make sure you exercise and eat healthy food in general. I think milk alone helping you grow is a myth. You just gotta eat a LOT of healthy stuff.

Top Bottom