Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wicked heartburn while dieting

08Luki

I have been following a high protein, lots of veggies and very low carbs diet and cut down dinner, instead I have a snack or a small meal like sandwich or a bowl of cereal, sometimes peanuts and nuts, the problem is when I go to bed at midnight or so I start feeling this bad heartburn feeling and is very annoying, it has been happening since I stop having a full meal and carbs at night, any idea what's going on guys?

Small meal like a sandwich or bowl of cereal is mostly carbs. Try eliminating carbs all together at night, eat some meat. If that doesn't work try anti-acid tablets in the evening.

Both bread and dairy are inflammatory foods. I wouldn't be eating them before bed. Try something much easier to digest like eggs, or a whey isolate shake.

Try taking apple cider vinegar with meals. Apple cider vinegar is the single best supplement you can take to reduce acid reflux and indigestion.

Apple cider vinegar has a myriad of health benefits. It is a great food to regularly include into your diet. Just make sure to buy unpasteurized apple cidervinegar. I usually purchase the Braggs brand.

Apple cider vinegar has been shown to have numerous benefits for improving insulin function and blood sugar levels in humans. Studies have shown:
1. It improves insulin sensitivity during a high-carb meal by 19-34% and significantly lowers blood glucose and insulin responses
2. Reduces blood sugar by 34% when eating 50 grams of white bread
3. 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bedtime can reduce fasting blood sugars by 4%
4. Numerous other studies, in both rats and humans, show that vinegar can increase insulin sensitivity and significantly lower blood sugar responses during meals

I would supplement with 1-2 tablespoons with 3-4 meals each day.

Top Bottom