Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why low carbs when cutting

110%

ok i cant handle all this information and process it, i contradict eveyrthing i try to understand haha.newayz....

why does one do high protein and low carbs when cutting, as i understand both are converted to glucose when they enter the bloodstream and from there they are used to restore glycogen, though if glycogen depoits are full then they are either oixdized for energy or stored as fat. so basically, if you do not require energy then theya re stored as fat.

with that, why is it always told to lower carbs and up protein if they both undergo the same process? this question is considering that one is NOT using a ketosis type diet.

Not everyone eats low carb diets when cutting. It depends on the person and the person's induviduals metabolism. I eat 250 to 300 grams of carbs when cutting high and low glycemic and menage to bring my bodyfat to 5%. I find that when I drop my carbs lower than 200 grams a day I have a harder time losing bodyfat and a greater chance of losing muscle mass. I think that there are far too many people who consider carbs to be evil, but me personally I can't function without having a good amount of carbs in my system. :fro:

I'm like augastes_stiranko in that I can lose fat on moderate carb intake. But the reasons for taking in more protein and reducing carbs for many people are 1) increased diet induced thermogenesis from high protein diets means that you burn off more calories as heat when they're eaten as protein; 2) increased satiation. Protein makes you feel fuller and for longer than high GI carbs 3) insulin control, which kind goes back to number 2, but also reducing total insulin secretion is less inhibitory to fat oxidation than having higher insulin levels. Other than that, folks that have insulin resistance also benefit from reducing their high GI carb intake. And of course you want to take in enough protein to minimize muscle catabolism, but how much protein you need for this depends on your carb intake and is also an individual thing.

I think higher protein diets provide kamikaze amino acids that protect muscle cell amino acids. This seems necessary, especially at the beginning of a diet when the body is probably used to burning tons of carbohydrates (and not fat), and will inevitably convert aminos to glucose on a hypocaloric diet. With a high protein diet comes glucose from gluconeogenesis. This is one reason to reduce carbs --- simply because the protein provides lots of glucose. Another reason to reduce carbs yet more is to reduce insulin. Insulin hinders both fatty acid mobilization and fat metabolism.

You should assume more than half of dietary protein is being converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis. 10% of fat and 100% of carbs end up being glucose in your blood. So a diet of 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat puts almost 60% of your calories into blood glucose. At least, this is what I have inferred from different sources of information.

MS said:
2) increased satiation. Protein makes you feel fuller and for longer than high GI carbs

Wow... I totally disagree on thie "protein makes you feel fuller!"
Ok... Here's the story... I'm a skinny guy trying to gain weight, and my lifting partner is a big guy trying to lose weight... he is doing an Atkins/Protien diet... where as I'm doing a supper high carb diet... Ever since I've started this high carb diet... I walk out of our dinning halls feeling like I'm gonna explode. Where as, he has stopped eating carbs, and now he eats twice as much as he did before... And he'll bitch that he's hungry 30 min later, where as I'm full for a good 2-3 hours...
ANd I know you'll say it's just because of how we're built (he's big I'm small) but this is different from when we were both eating normal diets... and we were usually hungry, and full around the same time...
I can't eat as much in one sitting if it's all carbs... and he can eat twice as much in a sitting if it's Protien based...

ALSO, if you want info on why low carb diets blast off fat... look up info on the Atkins diets...

Its just like MS said, its different for everyone. I easily eat twice as less as i used to before i started the diet and i'm rarely hungry. Hell, its bad, sometimes i go 7 or 8 hours before i feel hungry after a meal.

I hear what you're saying rockn2dmax, but you're comparing apples and oranges. Your buddy's on a calorie reduced diet and he'd possibly be hungry no matter what he ate. He would quite likely be even MORE hungry if he was eating mainly carbs, but below his maintenance calories. You, on the other hand, are eating above maintenance calories and are gonna feel full no matter what you eat. For you it is easier to get in more caloires by eating carbs because they are less filling. The opposite is true for your friend. But these are things you have to experience for yourself, and it sounds like you're a long way off needing to experience a cutting diet :)

Personally I suffer hunger no matter what type of diet I cut on. But because I'm a bodybuilder and don't do long term keto diets like KWKSLVR, I never get the appetite killing side effects of deep ketosis.

I eat tuna 2-3 times per day so I never look forward to eating!

Tuna doesn't exactly make me ask for seconds :)

Simple. To lose weight, one needs to eat less calories than it takes to maintain bodyweight. Now, a dude certainly doesn't want to lower his protein, so he lowers his carbs and fat, thus lowering the overall calories to a sufficient level to induce weight loss.

Well ......
This is grat question
If you are not overweight i mean if you dont have to lose 25 pounds you dont have to be scared of carbs.And if you have to lose some pounds to have your abs more visible you have to up your carbs intake.But trick is when to take comples and when HG carbs

Top Bottom