Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why does the US add so many chemicals to food?

trumpahoe

I find it weird that in the states they allow all kinds of chemicals in our foods. But in europe its all illegal to put any of those chemicals. Why doesnt everyone just not put chemicals in our food?

other than the new Farm to Table movements. everything is picked before vine ripened and shipped over long distances. I was just in the US (I live in Asia) & I was amazed how long deli meat and produce stayed good. It goes bad in days from the stores I shop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 word: MONEY

plus americans are very naive people in general. marketing runs the country and people believe anything they are told like good robots. why do you think we elected an informercial scammer who sold fake degrees as president? why do you think a felon who stuffs pillows with stuffed animal material became a millionaire selling them for $55? MARKETING WORKS

my goal in life is to educate people and prevent them from listening to the bs out there. that is what i do everyday and if i can help 1 person a day then i succeeded

I work in the industry. Chemical preserves are cheaper. All natural products do not last as long as chemically preserved. Natural products don’t look as good as long as preserved products either. It actually comes down to looks and money.

They add preservatives to increase shelf life.

Longer the shelf life = better profit margin

I work in the industry. Chemical preserves are cheaper. All natural products do not last as long as chemically preserved. Natural products don’t look as good as long as preserved products either. It actually comes down to looks and money.

I did many years ago (1982-1990). One issue mentioned by Muskate is shelf life. In an idea world from the date of manufacture to the table and being eaten we'd be looking at 72 hours max. Preferably less.

In reality a delay in delivering, a slow days selling, a week in the home freezer and you can easily be looking at 2 weeks plus. And that's one reason why additives are used.

The one I touched on includes masking the taste of low grade ingredients. I don't care how often marketing uses the word 'steak' when describing a product with beef in it just isn't even close. It'll be cheap cuts at best. One such ingredient is glucose syrup.

Top Bottom